GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Sat 02/11/02 at 02:12
Regular
Bah. Had a bit of free time tonight, after having my evening's plans cancelled. *fumes*
So i thought i'd give resi a spin, barely played it after buying the thing the first weekend (chris, possibly on hard, not sure) :^)

This time, after hearing she was easier ( :^D ), i had a go with jill, and got myself chewed to death a couple of times to make sure which was easy mode.
Wasn't really too taxing, not in the ground i covered, but you get the feeling like you can't play about or try too many things out because of the limited ammo and risk of running into zombies unnecessarily.
Plus you can hardly ever save then fool about because you've got to keep an eye on the typewriter ribbon.

Maybe i'm just being overly cautious with it, but it seems to sap all the enjoyment out of the game.
So when you get to the stage where it's not clear what to do next, it's just rubbish, the randomly looking for stuff to do isn't even fun.

That's where i stopped - had the F1 map, book of stuff from the tomb and a blue crystal.
That other bloke went to look for the back door, and i couldn't find anything to do.

And aren't there supposed to be places to stash your stuff? I'd found myself unable to pick new stuff up or get rid of the useless items.

Ah well, i paid for it, so i'll at least try to get through it on easy mode.
Any pointers on where to go from here (without spoilers :^) )?

Can't believe i bought resi and now can't afford timesplitters or sunshine.
Really don't see what all the hype is about.
Sat 02/11/02 at 09:20
Regular
What you need to do is search everywhere until you find a green arrow.

Then go back to the main hall, start to go up the stairs but go straight forward and through the door in front of you (it has clothes and stuff hanging over it).

Then your out in the cemetary, work your way to the end and do it yourself from there :)

When you've done this little bit it becomes much more fun cause theres lots of places to explore.
Sat 02/11/02 at 08:48
Regular
"not dead"
Do you have a key?

If so, get to the chest this way, from the hall:

Facing the stairs, head out of the door to the right, the room from where you got the map. Go through the door in this room, using your key

Follow the corridor along, push some of the things out of the way to get defence items. Go through the door at the end. Follow another windinf corridor to the end ,ignoring the doors on either side for now. Though one of them is a bathroom, and pulling the plug is quite fun.

In the next room take the door on the right. This should put you in a room with a zombie, and some stairs leading up. There's also a door around to the right.

In there is a typewriter and a chest to store items, plus some kerosene, so you can burn zombies.

I'm going from memory here though, but I reckon that should get you there. Then once you've saved, go explore, safe in the knowledge that you won't lose too much progress.

I was way too cautious with saves to start with, but I'm halfway through the game, and have used 14 now, and have 10 or so left.
Sat 02/11/02 at 02:12
Regular
Bah. Had a bit of free time tonight, after having my evening's plans cancelled. *fumes*
So i thought i'd give resi a spin, barely played it after buying the thing the first weekend (chris, possibly on hard, not sure) :^)

This time, after hearing she was easier ( :^D ), i had a go with jill, and got myself chewed to death a couple of times to make sure which was easy mode.
Wasn't really too taxing, not in the ground i covered, but you get the feeling like you can't play about or try too many things out because of the limited ammo and risk of running into zombies unnecessarily.
Plus you can hardly ever save then fool about because you've got to keep an eye on the typewriter ribbon.

Maybe i'm just being overly cautious with it, but it seems to sap all the enjoyment out of the game.
So when you get to the stage where it's not clear what to do next, it's just rubbish, the randomly looking for stuff to do isn't even fun.

That's where i stopped - had the F1 map, book of stuff from the tomb and a blue crystal.
That other bloke went to look for the back door, and i couldn't find anything to do.

And aren't there supposed to be places to stash your stuff? I'd found myself unable to pick new stuff up or get rid of the useless items.

Ah well, i paid for it, so i'll at least try to get through it on easy mode.
Any pointers on where to go from here (without spoilers :^) )?

Can't believe i bought resi and now can't afford timesplitters or sunshine.
Really don't see what all the hype is about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.