GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the hype has died"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/03/02 at 19:45
Regular
it seems to me the hype has died down for xbox. i dont think there every was much of a hypeunlike ps2 i dont own an xbox or ps2 but i am thinkin of buying an xbox but no one seems to talk about them whereever i go its not much of a big deal, either microsoft have failed on advertisement or its just not as popular as peiople have imagined. i am still unsure whether to buy an x-box.
Mon 01/04/02 at 21:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
AFX wrote:
> the graphics on Halo r miles better than that of the PS2s, DOA3 has even better
> graphics, the fact of the matter is that X BOX is the best games machine out and
> will still be number 1 when the GC comes out.

and i shall say once again i
> have a ps2 and an x box so as to stop anyone saying that i a m biasd towards the
> x box, i am not, its just a fact that it really is THAT good

i do feel that the graphics are better than teh ps2....not like MILES ahead but quite a bit....look at the textures of the clothing on doa3, the grass on halo, the...it's not something you get on the ps2
Mon 01/04/02 at 18:53
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
the graphics on Halo r miles better than that of the PS2s, DOA3 has even better graphics, the fact of the matter is that X BOX is the best games machine out and will still be number 1 when the GC comes out.

and i shall say once again i have a ps2 and an x box so as to stop anyone saying that i a m biasd towards the x box, i am not, its just a fact that it really is THAT good
Mon 01/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
this is one crap topic ive started but what the hell. my mate sed he went on an xbox the other day and the graphics werent that much better on Haloo compared 2 ps2. i beleivced him as ive known hm a long time but im sure games like wreckless have better graphics from the reviews ive read. i still havnt bought one but in august my bday ill most likely buy one. Jackass i have the feelin ure bro might b older than u and u probly get on with him quite well but what you should do is just ask him for a big installment 2wards the machione and tell him we can share the games etc but make sure u work out a good price if its u thats buying all the games. dont let him walk all over u on the other hand if hes younger or older and u dont like him then just tell him 2 %£&£ off or pay some money
Sun 31/03/02 at 18:41
Regular
"this is a tagline"
Hey jackass (that's his name, honest!) why don't you do what I did to my brother when I got my PS2?

Charge him every time he plays it, or ask for one big installment for the machine - but let it reamin rightfully yours. And the great thing is he'll have such withdrawal systems he'll have to pay you all the money (50p a day all adds up).

Rza.
Sun 31/03/02 at 18:24
Regular
"XBOX RULES!!!"
hello my name is stephen and im 12 years old. I waited outside special reserve for 4 hours waiting for the shop to open just so i could get an xbox. I had to pay for it aswell which i think is a bit unfair seeing as my brother plays on it all the time and he didnt have to pay a penny towards it.
I think xbox is going to be much better than gamecube and will really sell well and will bring out loads of good games for it.xbox is just so brilliant i cant believe it the games just feel real
Sat 23/03/02 at 21:31
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Do you ever hear Ferrari advertising and bragging about their cars? No, because they don't need to. They are out there and those who want the best know where to go.
Fri 22/03/02 at 19:34
Regular
i agree with the guy who said the ps2 was only hyped coz of what came before it

you should never go on what came before it

every1 judged that dreamcast was rubbish coz of the saturn but it was actualy very good, one of the best consoles for its games ever,
hoever ps2 games wernt that good in comparason bvut every1 got it because of the succes or what came beofre it

my point is you should get an xbox and ignore the hype
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:59
Regular
"BOSE"
why do people keep complaining about the price?

it's fact. it's the best console ever created. it has the most advanced s##t in it ever :)
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Everyone who has seen my Xbox has been very impressed. One of my friends was about to get a PS2 for his Birthday, but has changed his mind after playing my Xbox. I also know around 6 pople in my year group in school who are planning to get one over the next few months.

Also bear in mind the age bracket MS are aiming for. If you are 12 years old and none of you friends have and Xbox, its normal. That doesn't mean its not selling it only means it is selling to a much older market. Around perhaps 60,000 pople in the UK have an xbox. I would say 70% of that figure where bought by over 20 year olds.

It seams clear, people want the system but the only thing putting them off is their wallet saying "Ouch, £300!"

Be realistic, its been out a week. Word of mouth needs to spread and people who have been impressed with the system need time to save up. In a few months Xbox will be alot more common than it is now. And a price drop wouldn't hurt either.
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well its a new console, the reason why PS2 and MGS2 were so hyped were because of what had come before them. The X-Box is actually doing very well from what I see.

And no doubt people would play your X-Box and love it. Everyone whos played mine wants one now. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.