GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:08
Regular
Mmmmm... yummy!

Played the demo last night, and it should be a fantastic game.

I found the controls to be a little sluggish, and the split-jump to be a little difficult to pull off and still be facing the right way - but that may just be down to practice.

There were also a few graphical hiccups, but nothing I don't think can be sorted out before the launch.

Very impressive demo altogether though, and I'll definitely be getting the game.

Will it be an MGS2 beater? Tough one. It's more 'realistic', that's for sure - but a lot of MGS2's appeal comes from the aura that surrounds the Solid Snake character - hence the furore when it was discovered that you played mostly as Raiden in MGS2.

Although it's tough to determine from a short demo, my initial impression was that Splinter Cell's character Sam Fisher doesn't have the same charisma. So altogether, I think Splinter Cell will be a quality alternative to MGS2, rather than a 'beater'.

But it sure looks like it's going to be just as much fun!
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:08
"High polygon count"
Mmmmm... yummy!

Played the demo last night, and it should be a fantastic game.

I found the controls to be a little sluggish, and the split-jump to be a little difficult to pull off and still be facing the right way - but that may just be down to practice.

There were also a few graphical hiccups, but nothing I don't think can be sorted out before the launch.

Very impressive demo altogether though, and I'll definitely be getting the game.

Will it be an MGS2 beater? Tough one. It's more 'realistic', that's for sure - but a lot of MGS2's appeal comes from the aura that surrounds the Solid Snake character - hence the furore when it was discovered that you played mostly as Raiden in MGS2.

Although it's tough to determine from a short demo, my initial impression was that Splinter Cell's character Sam Fisher doesn't have the same charisma. So altogether, I think Splinter Cell will be a quality alternative to MGS2, rather than a 'beater'.

But it sure looks like it's going to be just as much fun!
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
You have probably played the same demo/game as me?

Can't be too sure though.. describe what you do, where you are?

:)
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:39
Regular
Just completed the meaty demo, i love it.
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:46
"High polygon count"
er-no wrote:
> Can't be too sure though.. describe what you do, where you are?

You start outside a police building, with the shadows of moths fluttering around a light up on the wall. Make your way inside the building, where there's a corridor lined with cells on either side...
Sat 02/11/02 at 16:57
Regular
Another reason im glad im getting an xbox again.

I know its early and it wont be out for yonks but do you think/know the XBOX2 will play XBOX games? just i found that buying 2 consoles, 1 brand new and one near the death of its so its cheap, is a good idea incase one breaks, but if XBOX2 plays XBOX games i wont have to.
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:00
Regular
lol, I 'accidently' killed the russian prisoner, he was being annoying...

Also has anyone heard the conversation between the police man and this bloke at the reception! its quite amusing....Just don't alert the cop...
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:03
"High polygon count"
Boz wrote:
> I know its early and it wont be out for yonks but do you think/know
> the XBOX2 will play XBOX games?

No idea.

Sony have said that PS3 won't play PS2 games. I'd think Xbox2 is unlikely to play Xbox games, but if it too is based on PC technology, who knows?

I think it would be easier for MS to do it than it was for Sony, simply because of the technology involved.
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:05
Regular
Its very likely "Xbox 2" will play Xbox games, But Xbox 2 is coming out in like 2006....
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
*drops jaw open*

I have played a different bit of the game.

:-D
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:29
Regular
So it's good then. Good.
I'll buy the full version and bypass the demo. Only 3 weeks to wait. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.