GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband adaptor eh?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/00 at 22:18
Regular
Correct me it I'm wrong but the broadband adaptor works like a modem but instead of using phonelines, uses radios and sends 1.6GB a second! State of the art modems are 30,000 times slower than this.

Does this mean we get lag free multiplayer online?
Will the gamecubes internet work like the Dreamcasts?

The Dreamcasts internet service was great if a little slow (and if the broadband adaptor is all that fast the slowness won't be a problem on the gamecube!) and the fact that you could visit sites that you made yourself would be great for making games clans.
(These are teams for certain games that meet up and compete in tournaments and wars etc.)

Then I could take you all (Grix, Edgy, the whole LOT of you) on in a Perfect Dark deathmatch with NO LAG.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nintendo owners could play against DC, PS2 and Xbox owners at the games. That would be gaming heaven,
and us Nintendo owners will show the world that WE are the greatest gamers in the unerverse...

...Ahem...
Fri 06/10/00 at 22:18
Regular
Correct me it I'm wrong but the broadband adaptor works like a modem but instead of using phonelines, uses radios and sends 1.6GB a second! State of the art modems are 30,000 times slower than this.

Does this mean we get lag free multiplayer online?
Will the gamecubes internet work like the Dreamcasts?

The Dreamcasts internet service was great if a little slow (and if the broadband adaptor is all that fast the slowness won't be a problem on the gamecube!) and the fact that you could visit sites that you made yourself would be great for making games clans.
(These are teams for certain games that meet up and compete in tournaments and wars etc.)

Then I could take you all (Grix, Edgy, the whole LOT of you) on in a Perfect Dark deathmatch with NO LAG.

Wouldn't it be even better if Nintendo owners could play against DC, PS2 and Xbox owners at the games. That would be gaming heaven,
and us Nintendo owners will show the world that WE are the greatest gamers in the unerverse...

...Ahem...
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:39
Regular
Yeah, but we'll win.
(Kick arrse, I will.)
Mon 09/10/00 at 13:14
Regular
Sheesh! Doesn't any one else care about the GmaeCubes internet capabilities?

I suppose not...
Mon 09/10/00 at 20:12
Regular
(Not so much as looking on the internet, but more to playing games on the internet. Once you try it, you'll be hooked! But we've got to get BT to drop the charges...)
Mon 09/10/00 at 21:36
Regular
With a broadband adaptor (which uses Radio waves instead of phonelines) we won't need to pay internet phone bills (Wehey!)

Atleast Grix cares about the gaming future. Doesn't anyone else? Anyone?

I didn't think so!
Tue 10/10/00 at 19:08
Regular
WHAT! NO PHONE BILLS!
I'll never stop playing!
How long do I have to wait?
Wed 11/10/00 at 21:31
Regular
Err, having done a little more research, I've found that the broadband adaptor might not use radio waves after all.
It just uses phone cables in a new, high tech, fast way.

Sorry Grix but that means it's back to phone bills.
Still, 1p a minute isn't too bad. Especially not at that speed (1.6Gb a second i.e. 2 CDs of information a second!)
Thu 12/10/00 at 12:43
Regular
"not dead"
If you want to know more about broadband services, go to the BT website, www.bt.com, and check out their ADSL stuff. It's available in certain parts of the country now, if you want high speed internet access.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.