GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multitap or not??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/03/02 at 14:53
Regular
I'm considering buying a multitap for my ps2, (the cheaper one at 17.99) what are the best games for multi players. I know pro evolution will be no 1 on the list, but what about shooters, like james bond and timesplitters and are there any multi player driving games out there.

Mark
Thu 21/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
"You Bum!!"
oasismark wrote:
> Cheers for help, i think i'm gonna check out ATV, looks fun, and what would you
> people choose between james bond and timesplitters, as a multi player and as
> single player games aswell?

James Bond 007 may have a far superior single-player mode nut Timesplitters more than makes up for that with its fantastic multiplayer. I havnt played the JB 007 with my mates but I know that its very hard tobeat Timesplitters on the multiplay arena. Alternatively you can wait for Timesplitters 2 or other shooting games like Moh Frontline
Thu 21/03/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Theres a 2 in 1 Stand you can get which is a vertical stand with multitap built it, I was gonna get that but Im not too keen on 'Verticle' as ive heard it can damage the PS 2, Smackdown 3 & Timesplitters are multiple player games, which have been already mentioned to you.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:58
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Cheers for help, i think i'm gonna check out ATV, looks fun, and what would you people choose between james bond and timesplitters, as a multi player and as single player games aswell?
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:24
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yeah, with the Official one anyway there is 4 memory card slots.

No i havent played Bond though.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:19
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Another quick question, is there the ports to connect 4 memory cards?

Have you played James Bond with multitap? what's it like?
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:13
Regular
ATV = All Terrain Vehicle

The game is actually called ATV: Offroad.

Its a quad biking game, its not brilliant on 1 player but very good with 2-4 players.

I too have a problem with the short wire on the tap, i have to move my PS2 slightly to the back of the shelf to free some room for it.

I think you can get some extension leads though which may solve the problem, just make sure you hide them some how...what about taping them down with the big black duck tape? :D
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:08
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Cheers for that, but a few more questions.

My ps2 is layed flat, under my tele, but on top of sky box which is on a shelf, what i'm getting at here is, the multitap looks like it only has a small cable on it, and in my case, hang down from ps2 machine and dangle aroind (oo-er). And with 4 people jumping around all attatched to it, would it knock or move the ps2 machine while it's running, which i've heard is very bad for it.

Also what's ATV?, i can't think.
Thu 21/03/02 at 15:02
Regular
I own the official Multitap made by Sony, and the first thing i would say is that you should pay the extra few pounds for one, they are by far the best looking ones and then if anything does go wrong with it Sony will replace it for free.

Anyway, i own a few games for the multitap, Smackdown 3, ATV, DOA2, Pro Evo and even Fifa 2001. Its by far one of the best ways to play games with 4 mates sat round the tv playing too.

I said this a few days ago but Smackdown 3 is one of the best games suited for this out there. Im not a WWF fan but this is still great fun, being able to have all 4 of you on the screen beating each other up with weapons and everthing is by far a great experience. With big areas to play through and lots of moves every match is different. And what better way to get revenge on a mate when it turn to 3 on 1. DOA 2 is another good fighting game, and it great using the tag feature.

ATV is another good game, huge tracks with huge jumps to ride around and some pritty good graphics, again great fun. Even the likes of Fifa is partly fun using this, but as you say, playing Pro Evo with 2 people on each side is a great experience, especially after scoring with some nice passing play and a shot from 20 yards.

At the minute i dont own any shooting games that use it, but have played some and most of them seem to pritty good.
Thu 21/03/02 at 14:53
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I'm considering buying a multitap for my ps2, (the cheaper one at 17.99) what are the best games for multi players. I know pro evolution will be no 1 on the list, but what about shooters, like james bond and timesplitters and are there any multi player driving games out there.

Mark

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.