GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cartridges were great!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/10/00 at 21:17
Regular
Now with DVDs and GD-ROMS, carts seem to be dead. But let's go over their good points.

>Any piece of information on a cart could be found instantly. This meant that in the last batch of consoles, the N64 was the only on with absolutely no loading times.

>Also, carts could have writable chips on them, so memory cards aren't needed. (Games like turok on the N64 did need mem cards due to the apauling programming!).

>Also good for the games industry on the whole was that carts were hard to copy. It was possible to copy carts, but still needed professional software.

>Finally, carts were indestructible! I once through a copy of Zelda out of a 2nd floor window, and it was fine! :-)

So, that's the end of carts... may they rest in pease!

Rav
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:28
Regular
The second one, you know, the platform one.
(I know it wasn't the best, but it is Zelda!)
I have seen pictures of the map screen, when you leave any town. It looks so much better than the Nes one, with updated graphics!
Definetly one to keep watching out for!
Sat 07/10/00 at 13:15
That'd be great! What games have you seen?

Are they:

The original 2 on the NES, the one on the SNES and the GBc one?
Fri 06/10/00 at 22:10
Regular
I meant gameboy advance.
Whoops.
Regular
They might be making a Zelda "all stars" for the GAMEBOY ADVANCE!!!! Edgy! I know Zelda 2 is already in progess, I've seen pictures of it!
Regular
hey mate stop stealing my topic! Go make your own one!
Fri 06/10/00 at 22:09
Regular
They might be making a Zelda "all stars" for the game cube Edgy! I know Zelda 2 is already in progess, I've seen pictures of it!
Fri 06/10/00 at 21:57
Who says carts are dead? I can't wait for the fully backwards compatable (for all those playstation owners who say that's why Nintendo are cr@p cos they aren't backwards comp.) Gameboy Advance!

It's 32 bit and can play almost as well as a Greystation! BUT it's handheld! AND it features all the classic Nintendo games! What more could a real gaming fan ask for?
Fri 06/10/00 at 21:33
Regular
Unfortunatly, controllers arn't so strong...
(And it was a golden controller you idiot...)
It rattles now when you shake it.
Fri 06/10/00 at 21:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Now with DVDs and GD-ROMS, carts seem to be dead. But let's go over their good points.

>Any piece of information on a cart could be found instantly. This meant that in the last batch of consoles, the N64 was the only on with absolutely no loading times.

>Also, carts could have writable chips on them, so memory cards aren't needed. (Games like turok on the N64 did need mem cards due to the apauling programming!).

>Also good for the games industry on the whole was that carts were hard to copy. It was possible to copy carts, but still needed professional software.

>Finally, carts were indestructible! I once through a copy of Zelda out of a 2nd floor window, and it was fine! :-)

So, that's the end of carts... may they rest in pease!

Rav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.