GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil or Eternal Darkness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/11/02 at 16:57
Regular
Which one is the best?
Sun 03/11/02 at 21:24
Regular
also, if you have played it you will understand!
Sun 03/11/02 at 21:23
Regular
well you see, some peoples opinion of good value is different!

granted it is a bit pricey, but if your like me and have to have everything NOW not later, then youd agree.
Sun 03/11/02 at 21:19
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
£27 to play a 45 minute demo isnt what i'd call 'great value'.

RE and ED are totally diff games, like a previous post said if you already played the original RE then go for ED, however if you havnt already played the original RE then flip a coin to decide cos both games are superb. Maybe rent them both out from Blockbuster to help you decide (or if you cant afford to buy both at once)
Sun 03/11/02 at 20:03
Regular
Well, i have completed both of these games.

Yes, i know this is a UK games forum, but i have got them both on import.
ED is amazing but after a while it got kinda samey.
Resident Evil was brilliant, but due to it being a remake it was simple. Until later in the game and when you have the new modes "real survivor" and "once again" it is pretty straightforward.

Now, moving this topic further on, and giving you something else to discuss, Resident Evil 0 is THE best version i have ever played, EVER!!
The grpahics is unlike any i have ever seen on a console, and the atmosphere is back and better than ever!!

The copy i have is only the limited release demo from japan, but it gives gamers upto about 45 mins of play, unless you are stupidly good at it!
the demo is huge, with roughly 15-20 rooms to explore and control of both characters.
I managed to find a shotgun, and was happy to find you can blow zombies heads off with ease!
lol, still upset that you cant blow legs off them .,like you could in the original versions on PS1.

Oh well, thats my piece, any q`s then post em here
if you wanna get your own copy of the demo then lik-sang.com sell it for around £6.96, then you have to add £14-£20 delivery!
well worth it though!!!
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
are you hoping to win gad with this? it wouldnt work!
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
read my analysis of the two and youll see what i think. It may take some time:)
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:58
At the moment, i'v only got Resident Evil, and its pretty good. Although i can't wait to get Eternal Darkness cos thats gonna be good too...i hope...:)
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Quite obviously, unless ED is a completely crap game, it will be better than RE. Most things are better than RE.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:07
Regular
They're so different in so many ways that you can't really compare them just like that.

If you've played the original Resident Evil before, I'd say Eternal Darkness is the best, otherwise, it's too close to call.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:06
Regular
Good question, it's hard to say really. I loved Resi and I'm loving Eternal Darkness, to be honest I haven't got a clue.

May be able to answer this when i've finished Eternal Darkness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.