GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo VIP users important info type stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/11/02 at 17:04
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

Only in Europe! Nintendo are offering gamers the chance to bag a free Wavebird. Register enough VIP cards from Nintendo's own GameCube products and you'll receive a shiny-new Wavebird controller in the post. Only it's not that simple.

Ok, so we can sort of understand why Nintendo are planning such a giveaway. 'Tempt gamers with Wavebirds and they'll buy our games' is probably the message doing the rounds at Nintendo's European HQ right now. Fair enough. But is such a scheme as good as it sounds?

VIP vouchers earn you stars and that's a fact. Redeem your Nintendo VIP vouchers by logging onto Nintendo Europe's online hub, located conveniently at Nintendo-Europe.com. Then register your GameCube identity and key in your console or voucher codes. Doing so will then give you points or 'stars' as Nintendo so fittingly call them.

4800 stars is the number you'll have to reach before becoming eligible for a Wavebird. Only 4800 'stars' is a number which is unlikely to be reached by the average GameCube owner - even those with mountains of games may only have a few paltry points if Nintendo titles haven't been snapped up.

However, if you purchase Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures before 31st December you can earn an extra 750 points on top of those you're owed anyway. The Wavebird will become available in the Nintendo VIP Star Catalogue sometime next week. More 'real' gifts are promised in the near future.

-----------------

I don't bloody beleive this, they could have told us earlier that way I wouldn't have wasted 1200 points on fecking crappy screensavers.

I've already registered 6 games and i've only got 535 bloody points left. Finegrs crossed i'll somehow get the points but it's very unlikely.

With only 3 more Nintendo games being released by the end of the year it's very bloody unlikely though.

Anyone got any VIP cards they don't want?

I'll pay for them, just not in cash, I have some black wine gums if you want them?
Tue 05/11/02 at 19:09
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Syphonical wrote:
> Fuzzy wrote:
> You get 5 points for logging in, I think, so log in...
>
> 960 times
>
> And you'll have enough points
>
> well you get 5 points for continuolsly visiting so log in 9600 times
> and you'll have enough!!

I think Nintendo probably figured people will do this so over the past two days I have logged in on both mornings, yesterday and this morning and recieved 5 points for both. I think you get 5 points if you log in each day so 35 points a week just for logging in :)
Mon 04/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Fuzzy wrote:
> You get 5 points for logging in, I think, so log in...
>
> 960 times
>
> And you'll have enough points

well you get 5 points for continuolsly visiting so log in 9600 times and you'll have enough!!
Sun 03/11/02 at 19:04
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Heh, small print on pop up window as I logged in...

---

To receive the 750 extra Stars (in addition to the normal 750 stars for buying and registering these products), you have to buy and register all (yes, ALL THREE) three products before (Note that to - BEFORE) December 31st 2002. You can redeem your stars for prizes in the Stars Catalogue. A Wavebird is worth 4,500 (Not 4,800) stars. Redemption only as long as as stock lasts. In case the Wavebird will be out of stock, collected stars can be redeemed for other prizes form the Stars Catalogue.
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:59
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
You get 5 points for logging in, I think, so log in...

960 times

And you'll have enough points
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I have just registered my code from my Gamecube as I didn't even though there was one in there. I now have 1470 stars and am not even halfway there :-(
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:46
"+ suspicious minds"
i don't think ist neccasairy to buy a wave bird foir the end of the year, its kind of like SR's reddies , but on a larger scale.
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:35
Regular
it's possible, some places which put the disk in after you buy it ie not shrinkwrapped, leave the manuals etc inside including the VIP cards
Sun 03/11/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Who reckons that it isn't actually possible to get 4500 star points ?

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I've only got 975 and haven't spent any points... annoyingly I didn't get a card with my Cube itself, as I got it second hand off Ebay. But there are other real prizes (rather than screensavers, printable posters, etc) on the way apparently. Maybe when they launch a players choice range you'll be able to get one of those budget titles for 5000 or so stars. Ironically if you have that many stars you'll probably have most first/second party titles anyway, and these are the titles most likely to be included in a players choice range...

Ah well.
Sun 03/11/02 at 17:42
Regular
I wouldn't feel bad Tilt, I don't think 4800 stars is possible a the moment.

Gamecube - 500
Luigi's Mansion - 250
Doshin - 250
Mario Sunshine - 250
Pikmin - 250
Waverace - 250
Smash Bros - 250
Eternal Darkness - 250
NBA Courtside - 250
Starfox Adventures - 250
Metroid Prime - 250
Mario Party 4 - 250

=3250

Plus 750 bonus points = 4000

Even if you had everthing you wouldn't be able to afford it.

Everyone has to wait until next year for Wario World, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, F-Zero and Zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.