GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killing yourself"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/03/02 at 22:44
Regular
I used to be one of those who would say that i'd never kill myself. Now i don't know, im so royally fed up i could just do it... but could you... and if you couldn't could you do it in a game?

I believe the ability to shoot or stab yourself in games should be possible, i know a few games let it happen but i bet blowing your brains out would be easier than suffering the torment of several zombies eating you alive... just a thought.
Thu 21/03/02 at 08:02
Regular
Wasn't me, either, I'd use Titlagirl.

Now there's an idea...
Thu 21/03/02 at 07:26
I've thought of killing myself before, from all the crap I have to put up with in life, mostly from school, and people doing things to me.

Anyfudge, in games, suicide is becoming more and more common, especially in shooters. I find committing suicide in games fun, if it's a self inflicted suicide though, not if I'm snipering out some git on the last level and he shoots me, making me lose my balance, where I fall off of the roof or something.

Here are some examples of fun suicide.

Quake 3 Arena - you're chasing someone from Brazil down a hallway and you see him jump, but you decide not to jump - BIG MISTAKE! You fall down, into the lava, where you burn in hell.

Tactical Ops (TO) - Snipering on the 'Getaway' level, and then someone shoots you, making you lose your balance, hence making you fall off of the roof, to the floor, where your body explodes. It's all a hilarious, bloody mess, and I wish that my reactions were fast enough to take a screen capture of it.

Suicide rules! :0)
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:43
Regular
"That's right!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
"I regret
> nothing!" and put the gun under his
> chin

Bang, you just committed
> suicide

Shame the guy who made that
> game didn't do the same. It was feckin terrible.

-----------

It was good for a laugh, especially the protestors outside the Running With Scissors offices, complaining

Oh, and check out the movies form, I've posted a new spoof - The Strykeinator
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:43
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Yes hello Andy, very funny.

Ummm nothing to do with me
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:37
Regular
Yes hello Andy, very funny.
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:35
Regular
"~H~I~M~"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I thought the aim of most games was to stay
> alive...

Not all games, in Shadowman if you die then you get taken to the
> main part of the game.

There's always one.

I bet you was thinking of an exception to that for ages so you could act cocky and reply, no?

:-P

Erm, you can't die in games like Command and Conquer so err yeah.

:0)
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:25
Regular
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> I thought the aim of most games was to stay alive...

Not all games, in Shadowman if you die then you get taken to the main part of the game.
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:17
"Uzi Lover"
I thought the aim of most games was to stay alive...
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:17
"Uzi Lover"
I thought the aim of most games was to stay live...
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:13
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
im depressed most of the time.

:-)

not now though :)

ah well in a few mounths no more work or exam worry :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.