GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"JSRF & SEGA GT2002 on X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 10:23
Regular
Well, I think that I have just made up my mind. For £155 I can get the X-Box, JSRF & SEGA GT2002. How good is that and with X-Box live starting shortly I will not be able to resist. The future release schedule looks good as well.

SEGA just keeps on Rocking.

BB.
Mon 18/11/02 at 17:39
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Nomad Soul wrote:
Up is up and
> down is down in my book.

Thats is my view exactly, pressing up on the controller should move your gun up, just like in halo, and pressing down, moves your gun down. But thats the thing that confuses me.... why do some people want inverted controlls? I honestly see no tactical advantage, in fact no advantage at all! I mean, pressing down to move your gun up does not make sense. Just like you, I cant play with inverted controls, it just gets annoying.
Mon 18/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> That brings me onto another question Nomad....... whats the point in
> inverting the controls???? Cos I hate it that way, especially in Halo
> where pressing up moves your gun down.
>
> I dont see the point in it, so please enlighten me!

What I meant was on GunValkyrie pressing "down" makes you aim "up", and I can't play like this either. Up is up and down is down in my book.
But on GunValkyrie you're stuck with the up is down and down is up - you can't change it, and if the brain gets used to up is up and down is down, it's hard to handle.

Man, that was confusing. I shouldn't have used the word "invert".

Every game should give you the choice, because some like it one way and others like it the other way.
Mon 18/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I liked the inverted control system in Perfect Dark and GoldenEye on the N64, and I found it worked very-well. I've also come-to-find it's something I expect to find in every new FPS I play, and I can't seem to get to grips with the standard Up, Down, Left and Right in a First Person game anymore.

But I haven't even touched an X-box - let-alone Halo!
So I have nothing to say about this game.
Sun 17/11/02 at 18:25
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
That brings me onto another question Nomad....... whats the point in inverting the controls???? Cos I hate it that way, especially in Halo where pressing up moves your gun down.

I dont see the point in it, so please enlighten me!
Sun 17/11/02 at 11:36
Regular
Console_kid wrote:
> 1) ALSO....... jsut a little question to all of you, I am getting
> JSRF for £25 second hand, is it worth getting it for that
> ammount?

JSRF is the one of the best SEGA games ever (in my opinion). So yeah, I'd say it's definately worth buying. It took me 70 hours to complete everything in the game. You get your monies worth with JSRF.

> 2) Gun Valkyrie never got much press to be honest! I have played the
> demo, but that is all. Does anyone own the game, and do you recommend
> me buying it?

It's a bit of a "marmite" game. I liked it, but in the end I part-exed it. The reason I got rid of it was you can't invert the analogue control.
Sun 17/11/02 at 10:34
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Panzer Dragoon, looks amazing!!!!! I cant wait to play it!

SOOOO MANY SEGA GAMES ON XBOX I WANT NOW!

ToeJam and Earl 3
JSRF
Sega GT 2002
Panzer Dragoon

1) ALSO....... jsut a little question to all of you, I am getting JSRF for £25 second hand, is it worth getting it for that ammount?

2) Gun Valkyrie never got much press to be honest! I have played the demo, but that is all. Does anyone own the game, and do you recommend me buying it?

Thanx.
Sun 17/11/02 at 09:53
Regular
*Panzer Dragoon Orta* is going to be the best SEGA game on Xbox. It's released early next year.
Mon 04/11/02 at 18:34
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> If I was to go on-line with the X-Box, I'd want to see more on-line
> compatible games for different genres - like the RPG's and others that
> SEGA had with the Dreamcast.

Phantasy Star Online 2
Sudeki
True Fantasy Live Online

Quite a few more.......
Mon 04/11/02 at 12:35
Regular
I said this ages ago. The best SEGA titles are on XBOX.

BLiNX is (for all intents and purposes) a SEGA game - seeing that the main guy behind the game played an integral part in the NiGHTS and early Sonic games.
Many of the sound FX in Blinx are familiar Sonic sound FX. There's even some remixed Sonic music in the game.
Mon 04/11/02 at 11:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That is a great deal - but I still won't be getting an X-Box, not just yet anyway.

The X-Box Live package does look impressive, but the only problem I see is that all the on-line compatible games will be FPS's - with the exception of the next Project Gotham Racing game.
If I was to go on-line with the X-Box, I'd want to see more on-line compatible games for different genres - like the RPG's and others that SEGA had with the Dreamcast.

Now that I think about it, the only real reason I'd want an X-Box is because of SEGA and their immense influence on the console's top-titles.
Blinx the Timesweeper is one game that stands-out for me, I really want to see more on that game, especially on the Time-Manipulation side.
And then there COULD be Shenmue III aswell!
And updates of old Dreamcast classics - like the 2 mentioned here.

Oh yeah, and they have Rare games too....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.