GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DAMN! The X-Box controller is ugly."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/03/02 at 18:14
Regular
Yes, like many people, I have play on the X-Box. And did I hate the controller or did I hate the controller. I couldn't use it for toffee. Its just so ugly. The Playstation controller is just right because you have the two analog sticks in the middle, the direction buttons to the left and X, Triangle, Square and Circle to the right. The N64 controller is more or less the same. But the X-Box I must say is no good. From what I can remember of it the first two analog sticks are on the right. Then you have start and select in the middle (copyed off Playstation), then you have yet another analog stick on the right which is underneath the A, X etc buttons. Now I maybe complaining here but, it is just what I think. Im just happy with the Playstation controller.

And I think I should add this as well. I saw on the front of an X-Box magazine that they might be releasing MGS2 on the X-Box! This is something else im not to happy with. I mean we all buy a PS2, then MGS2 is released a number of months later. Then when everyone is saying MGS2 is a reason to get a PS2, then the X-Box plans to releas it. And everyone has a PS2 with MGS2. And not many people will buy the X-Box because of this.
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:14
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Yes, like many people, I have play on the X-Box. And did I hate the controller or did I hate the controller. I couldn't use it for toffee. Its just so ugly. The Playstation controller is just right because you have the two analog sticks in the middle, the direction buttons to the left and X, Triangle, Square and Circle to the right. The N64 controller is more or less the same. But the X-Box I must say is no good. From what I can remember of it the first two analog sticks are on the right. Then you have start and select in the middle (copyed off Playstation), then you have yet another analog stick on the right which is underneath the A, X etc buttons. Now I maybe complaining here but, it is just what I think. Im just happy with the Playstation controller.

And I think I should add this as well. I saw on the front of an X-Box magazine that they might be releasing MGS2 on the X-Box! This is something else im not to happy with. I mean we all buy a PS2, then MGS2 is released a number of months later. Then when everyone is saying MGS2 is a reason to get a PS2, then the X-Box plans to releas it. And everyone has a PS2 with MGS2. And not many people will buy the X-Box because of this.
Wed 20/03/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
I had a go on the X-Box at Gatwick a couple of weeks back and although the controller is a bit on the clunky side its not as bad as I thought!! Sure its big and ugly but not as bad as people make out!!
Just for the record I wasnt that impressed with any of the games!!
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:34
Regular
"lets go back"
The xbox pad is like a deformed dreamcast pad. I couldnt get my hands around it properly.

The playstation pad is excellent. Correct size, shape, weight etc.

Has anyone used the Gamecube pad?

They look odd but, surprisingly, i think they are the best pad around. (and they arent even out yet!)
Thu 21/03/02 at 00:44
i have to say the design of the xbox is big and ugly and i don't see why people are making such a rattle about it, its just another console with game with have all been done before with just a bit better graphics.
Thu 21/03/02 at 09:02
Regular
"accidental superher"
i have to disagree...i think the xbox pad is really good and find it a heck of lot more comfortable than the ps2 pad....i don't using the ps2 pad when you need to use all 4 trigger buttons....
Thu 21/03/02 at 10:07
Regular
The PS2 pad is rubbish when you have to use all four shoulder buttons.

The XBox pad is MUCH more comfortable.

The PS2 pad has the analgoue sticks at a funny height, your thumbs have to go at a stupid angle to use them.

Also, if you're going to get picky, the XBox does NOT have a start and a select button. It's a start and a back button.

Also, the start and select buttons have been in use ever since the NES, so Sony copied it off Nintendo.

Just thought I'd point that out...
Thu 21/03/02 at 10:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Xbox controller is great. After spending 4 days on the Xbox, picking up a PS2 pad was horriable.

The PS2 pad felt small, the X,square, triangle and circle buttons. Felt cheap, and more like what the SNES controller felt like after using the PS1 controller. PS2 controller is great, but after using Xbox controller, it seems 2nd rate.

People say Xbox controller is big. I have medium sized hands and find it very easy to use. It does feel alittle big at first, but as soon as you use it you know its a great pad.
Fri 22/03/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
This is quite an interesting reaction im getting here. But I may say that the PS2 controller was made for comfort. How can you say that it is no good. The X-Box controller is no good, and neither are some of the games.
Fri 22/03/02 at 11:41
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
The Dark one wrote:
> This is quite an interesting reaction im getting here. But I may say that the
> PS2 controller was made for comfort. How can you say that it is no good. The
> X-Box controller is no good, and neither are some of the games.

So the PS2's launch games were ground-breaking I suppose? Look, the PS2 is a fine machine with a nice, healthy catalogue of games. The controller is not too shabby neither, but it's not perfect.

Personally, I have no problem with the XBox control-pad, although I do tend to use the Japanese XBox pad when playing.

It's such a shame to see this particular forum degenerate into a pool of anti-Microsoft propaganda. Fair enough, if the pad isn't to your liking, put a well-constructed argument together. Not a "The XBox pad sux" thread and post in the relevant forum.
Fri 22/03/02 at 11:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Apologies if I'm coming across as a little bossy, but this forum used to be a great place to visit and discuss not so long ago.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.