GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptops and 3d Game? Do they mix?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 18:24
Regular
Ok so heres the deal, i'm gonna get sum nu PC kit but its gotta b a laptop 4 porability reasons. I was just wondering if you can help me cos i dunno if there is Laptop out there that will b good enough 2 play the lastest 3d games? I'm thinking the problem would be the graphics card. Ne wayz tell me what you think? CHeers,

Deemo_uk
Notts, UK
Wed 06/11/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Well knowing that SR is made for games, Their Laptops are made for Games also. So with IRIDIUM S850 (The best laptop you can buy with SR) Coming with a good 15" Screen to play your on your laptop for 3d games is a good view :)

Why don't you just E-mail SR about it or something?
Tue 05/11/02 at 22:01
Well i'm not really bothered about price, i will pay for a decent laptop. I just don't kno where i can find one that will run decent 3d graphics. What about the laptops that Special Reserve sell? Would they run 3d games ok? Cheers for the help guys, keep it comming!

Deemo_uk
Tue 05/11/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I used to have A P3 600 Laptop and standard display card but obviously it was so so sluggish, if you get a newish one with a Radeon/Geforce card it should be jsut as good as the laptop eqivalent but expect to pay throught the nose. It's a shame because I would prefer using a laptop rater than desktop PC.
If I was you I would look at ebuyer.com/ dabs.com etc and see what 3D cards they have listed for laptops to see what's available at what price.
Tue 05/11/02 at 15:54
Regular
"Tag as above"
Nvidia and ATI have not long ago got there latest mobile chips into quite a few laptops, and these are reasonble good for games. Dell for example puts the ATI Radeon 9000 in some of its laptops.

Weather you can get one depends how much you want to spend but I imagine you'll spend well over a grand for a powerful laptop.
Mon 04/11/02 at 18:24
Ok so heres the deal, i'm gonna get sum nu PC kit but its gotta b a laptop 4 porability reasons. I was just wondering if you can help me cos i dunno if there is Laptop out there that will b good enough 2 play the lastest 3d games? I'm thinking the problem would be the graphics card. Ne wayz tell me what you think? CHeers,

Deemo_uk
Notts, UK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.