GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let this rumour be true!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 22:45
Regular
Check out www.xboxaddict.com

MS in talks to buy out Rare, creater of Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and other N64 classics.

It even says of a dispute Rare are having with Nintendo. I know this probably isn't the slightest bit true but we can only hope...
Tue 19/03/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Check out www.xboxaddict.com

MS in talks to buy out Rare, creater of Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and other N64 classics.

It even says of a dispute Rare are having with Nintendo. I know this probably isn't the slightest bit true but we can only hope...
Wed 20/03/02 at 00:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I heard rumours of Rare wanting to go multiformat. Certainly won't complain if they do. A Conker's game would be very welcome into my collection. ;-)

The squirrel that is, not the game that requires the use of your shoelaces. ;-)
Wed 20/03/02 at 12:37
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Rare are definitely going multi-format, but whether it'll be under Microsofts control remains to be seen.

I also heard a while back that Microsoft were looking at buying out Rockstar games. That'd definitely be sweet!
Wed 20/03/02 at 13:50
From what I can tell this rumour was started on the gaming age forum where someone for a larf quoted an "Unnamed Microsoft contact". Its bullsh1t.
Wed 20/03/02 at 14:14
Regular
"not dead"
I doubt it would happen in a great hurry, as Nintendo own almost all of the franchises Rare are currently working on.

Rare would lose years of work that had been put into Donkey Kong Racing, Starfox Adventures and Perfect Dark Zero.

Maybe in the future they'd go multiformat, but I can't see Nintendo relinquishing the stake they hold in Rare in a great hurry, as they'd benefit very little from it.
Wed 20/03/02 at 17:58
Regular
"699 days!"
GpotterUK wrote:
> Rare are definitely going multi-format, but whether it'll be under Microsofts
> control remains to be seen.

I also heard a while back that Microsoft were
> looking at buying out Rockstar games. That'd definitely be sweet!

No they're not! The only hint was the Christmas tree thing, which they admitted was a joke. Nintendo own 45%of Rare, and have the power to stop any of this rubbish
Thu 21/03/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
In reference to my original post, there is no smoke without fire.
Sat 23/03/02 at 21:37
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
DrDragon wrote:
No they're not! The only hint was the Christmas tree
> thing, which they admitted was a joke. Nintendo own 45%of Rare, and have the
> power to stop any of this rubbish!

Oooh, sounds like we rattled your cage there a bit! What, do you work for Rare or something? Panicking in case Microsoft buy them and sack you?

45% leaves Rare with the majority share, so they can do what they like with their portion of the business, and can develop for whoever they like.
Fri 29/03/02 at 16:08
Regular
"Top Gun"
GpotterUK wrote:
> DrDragon wrote:
No they're not! The only hint was the Christmas tree
>
> thing, which they admitted was a joke. Nintendo own 45%of Rare, and have
> the
> power to stop any of this rubbish!

Oooh, sounds like we rattled
> your cage there a bit! What, do you work for Rare or something? Panicking in
> case Microsoft buy them and sack you?

45% leaves Rare with the majority
> share, so they can do what they like with their portion of the business, and can
> develop for whoever they like.

i have to agree, just look at square, sony own alot in them and square are developing for gamecube
Sat 30/03/02 at 15:27
Who are Rare ???????? realy I dont know
Mother

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.