GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"im buying a gamecube but i think about the x-box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 21:20
Regular
hi peeps im buying a gamecube but when i was in school my friends were telling me that the x-box is better and i need some help to see what you peeps think about my problem
Wed 06/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Ooopss Sorry - Didn't read it properly .

Oh well I'm saying the same thing I suppose.

* hangs head in shame *
Wed 06/11/02 at 14:25
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
whats balls, i said either consol can be enjoyed by all people of all ages, just the gamecube IS aimed more towards a yonger audience, i play on my nephews gamecube with him and enjoy it, he plays on my x-box and ps2 with me and enjoys it, but he much prefers his little purple box and prefer my black boxs.

im not saying the consols are aimed COMPLETELY/ ONE AND ONLY/ JUST FOR young or old, as you say, gamecube does have games for an older audience but the majority of games and the way it is marketed by nintendo directs more towards younger people. The same in reverse goes for Microsoft, the games they have and the way it is marketed aims towards an older auidience.
Wed 06/11/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Balls - Ok GC has Mario and Pikmin and stuff like that but adults enjoy these games just as much as kids.

X Box is basically targeted at the same audience as the PS2 and yes it is "more powerful" woopee and all that the games are generally in a similar vein to those available on PS2.

The GC on the other hand does have plnety of novelty games etc but still has things like Resi (What a kids game that is !) on it.

I would say that with the gamut of multiplayer titles out and coming out on the GC it is aimed more at the family market. Certainly in our house the GC is downstairs where we can all play it and the PS2 is upstairs and is mine and mine alone - hands off you lot !
Wed 06/11/02 at 14:00
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
gamecube is directed more at kids and the games will suit them a lot better than the x-box's, yes either consol can be enjoyed by anyone of any age, but lets face it, each of the 2 consols is aimed and cater 'mainly' for a certain audience.

just telling it like it is.
Wed 06/11/02 at 02:24
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Windowlicker wrote:
> from the 2 id get the x-box but im in my 20's, if your still at school
> i;d say get the cube

That is so patronising, am i right to assume that you're suggesting only kids should buy a Gamecube and older people should buy an X-box 'cos afterall its for mature people?'

tut tut and tut.
Mon 04/11/02 at 22:46
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
from the 2 id get the x-box but im in my 20's, if your still at school i;d say get the cube both r really good consols when it comes down to it, however, if you have a ps2 i reckon u wud be better off spending the dosh on some more games for it, wot wiv pes2, colin mc 3, GTA: VC, Red Faction 2, the getaway and a whole host of others coming out, y do u need another consol... but as wookiee says, do what you wanna do, after all your gonna be the one it affects most.
Mon 04/11/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Touched!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Ignore your friends and buy what YOU want.

Yes...Listen to master wookiee...he is the master
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:27
thanx for your reply and your right i will buy what i want
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:21
"High polygon count"
Ignore your friends and buy what YOU want.
Mon 04/11/02 at 21:20
hi peeps im buying a gamecube but when i was in school my friends were telling me that the x-box is better and i need some help to see what you peeps think about my problem

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.