GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 2003 Forum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/11/02 at 22:49
Regular
I'm setting this up for all the other FIFA fans out there like me even though there doesn't seem to be any here. So talk about FIFA 2003 or maybe even past FIFA games GO NUTS!
Wed 06/11/02 at 23:20
Regular
"WWJD"
I think that FIFA can be a good stragegy game if you make it one, one of the things i hope has changed is the ball sticking to the players feet i want it to be more like Pro Evo where the ball goes in front of the player instead of the old FIFA think that will probably of changed
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:29
"period drama"
Longÿ wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is there much point in a Fifa thread.
> Pro Evo / ISS has always shat on it's head, through a sieve.
>
> Some people will never learn.
> I thought Fifa might have been able to redeem itself this year,
> after
> last year's appaling effort.
> But alas and alack it is once again not quite up to scratch.
>
> wow you've gai... no wait not gained my respect with comments like
> that you wont anyone you've got to give games chances i mean ive
> always loved the FIFA games well from bout 2000 on especially 2003
> should be really good ive already heared good things i do also like
> Pro Evo but I don't like the movement so much but Pro Evo 2 should be
> really good im going to be getting FIFA 2003 for christmas for sure

You get what I mean, though.
They are 2 different games - Fifa is licensed giving a proper feel to the game and proper team and player names so you can set up matches you've always wanted or take your team through the leagues etc. It's also a more arcady feel, more pick-up-and-play, it's easier to score than Pro Evo and is based laregly on attacking on goal.
Pro Evo, on the other hand gives a more 'simulated' approach to football, it's quite hard to score, defense needs to be tight, statergies need to be put into play more than Fifa. It doesn't have all the real player and team names which, personally, I'm not concerned about but for some people it is important. I can understand that.

It really depends on the type of game you're after. They cater for different needs.

You can't say Fifa 2002 was really up to much, though. Tapping a button to sprint? Thats' no fun.
The re-hauled game this year is more than an update, it's been re-thought and improved a lot.

But, as always, it's down to opinion.
I'd prefer a more stergy-based game and the stupid names don't really bother me as it does most because I just want to play and plan.

Each to his own.
Wed 06/11/02 at 18:45
Regular
"WWJD"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Is there much point in a Fifa thread.
> Pro Evo / ISS has always shat on it's head, through a sieve.
>
> Some people will never learn.
> I thought Fifa might have been able to redeem itself this year, after
> last year's appaling effort.
> But alas and alack it is once again not quite up to scratch.

wow you've gai... no wait not gained my respect with comments like that you wont anyone you've got to give games chances i mean ive always loved the FIFA games well from bout 2000 on especially 2003 should be really good ive already heared good things i do also like Pro Evo but I don't like the movement so much but Pro Evo 2 should be really good im going to be getting FIFA 2003 for christmas for sure
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:35
Regular
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> Ah Fifa 97' on the Pc was a killer game. Great indoor mode on it

Heh, I had that on the PC as well. One thing I remember is the responce was complete sh!te. There was a 2 second delay between you pressing shoot or just whacking it up the field. I remember scoring an own goal while running towards my goal becasue of that...was into the net before he cleared the ball!!!
Tue 05/11/02 at 19:10
Or you could just stare at the screen like a dumb*insert posteria cuss beginning with A and ending in S with another S in the middle* - although if you did that you wouldnt be reading this message. Bah
Tue 05/11/02 at 19:06
"period drama"
SleepingLionheart wrote:
> when you are talking do you just wait for a message to pop up or do u
> do something else (sorry im new)

They won't just 'pop-up', I don't think. If you go back to the PS2 main page the topics should refresh themselves, so you can see what new messages there are.
These are forums, not a chat-site so they work a little differently.
Tue 05/11/02 at 19:01
"griever"
when you are talking do you just wait for a message to pop up or do u do something else (sorry im new)
Tue 05/11/02 at 18:56
"period drama"
Is there much point in a Fifa thread.
Pro Evo / ISS has always shat on it's head, through a sieve.

Some people will never learn.
I thought Fifa might have been able to redeem itself this year, after last year's appaling effort.
But alas and alack it is once again not quite up to scratch.
Tue 05/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
"WWJD"
yeah same as FIFA
Tue 05/11/02 at 18:49
You can have 8 players on PES2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.