GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got me an XBox!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/03/02 at 12:48
Regular
Not that you probably cared. But I got it last night. PGR and Halo.

PGR rocks. Graphics aren't much better than M:SR if I'm really honest, but the gameplay, oh the gameplay. The handling has been tightened up, the difficulty increased (one problem I had with M:SR was that most of the tasks were a little easy...).

I've just done arcade mode so far. I've done the first two difficulty levels, only getting a bronze each time. I'm stuck on the San Francisco challenge on hard mode. Then one where you need 1600 K points for bronze. I just can't get string together 3 perfect laps.

I spent about 45 mins last night, just playing that challenge over and over, but it didn't get frustrating at all. This game is SO much better than GT3. It's fun for a start...

Halo is pretty funky as well. Graphics rock, AI rock, sound effects rock. I've done the first two levels, took me ages but I didn't realise. I thought I'd only been playing about half an hour...

Anyway, I haven't started the third level yet, and no multiplayer either, but I will try these out in the future.

Games I'm looking forward to:

GTA3, Unreal Championship thing - whatever it'll be called, F1 Grand Prix 4, The Thing, and loads more.

Welcome to the world of XBox, it rocks!
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:48
Regular
Not that you probably cared. But I got it last night. PGR and Halo.

PGR rocks. Graphics aren't much better than M:SR if I'm really honest, but the gameplay, oh the gameplay. The handling has been tightened up, the difficulty increased (one problem I had with M:SR was that most of the tasks were a little easy...).

I've just done arcade mode so far. I've done the first two difficulty levels, only getting a bronze each time. I'm stuck on the San Francisco challenge on hard mode. Then one where you need 1600 K points for bronze. I just can't get string together 3 perfect laps.

I spent about 45 mins last night, just playing that challenge over and over, but it didn't get frustrating at all. This game is SO much better than GT3. It's fun for a start...

Halo is pretty funky as well. Graphics rock, AI rock, sound effects rock. I've done the first two levels, took me ages but I didn't realise. I thought I'd only been playing about half an hour...

Anyway, I haven't started the third level yet, and no multiplayer either, but I will try these out in the future.

Games I'm looking forward to:

GTA3, Unreal Championship thing - whatever it'll be called, F1 Grand Prix 4, The Thing, and loads more.

Welcome to the world of XBox, it rocks!
Tue 19/03/02 at 12:58
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Another happy bunny!! :o)

I agree about PGR, the graphics overall aren't that much better than MSR, but the car models certainly are. The gameplay has also been tweaked to perfection, and it has tonnes of replay value!!

HALO is king of the FPS genre as far as I am concerned! Multiplayer, especially co-op, is superb.

I too am waiting for Grand Pric 4. I downloaded a video of it the other day and it looks *AMAZING*!!
Tue 19/03/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
yay a notable to join the Xboxers :D
Tue 19/03/02 at 16:14
Regular
*Stamping foot tantrum chick style* - I want one!
Tue 19/03/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Quick question, does the XBox play DVD's straight away or do you have to purchase extra control/software for it to do so?

Thanks if you can answer.
Tue 19/03/02 at 18:17
Regular
"BOSE"
AliBoy wrote:
> Quick question, does the XBox play DVD's straight away or do you have to
> purchase extra control/software for it to do so?

Thanks if you can answer.

no you have to buy an add-on. it costs about £28 from Special Reserve. it just plugs into the controler port
Tue 19/03/02 at 18:27
Regular
The kit you buy to play DVD's costs around £28.

You get a remote control, and in infra-red reciever that plugs into a controller port.

Unlike some PS2 remotes, the receiver does NOT allow a pad to be plugged in at the same time, so if you normally have 4 pads plugged in then you'll have to take one out each time you want to watch a film.

I only have two pads plugged in, and the reciever plugged into port 4, and it all works fine.
Tue 19/03/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
thanks, seems a bit of a rip off to ask the buyer to pay more for a feature like that.

I can't afford, well I can but refuse to pay that much for an X-Box right now. looks like I will have a long wait for a reduction in price.
Wed 20/03/02 at 14:16
"High polygon count"
Tequila Sunset wrote:
> yay a notable to join the Xboxers :D

Second, actually! :-)
Wed 20/03/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3rd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.