GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boy how time flies."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 01:02
Regular
This isn't really grade A material stuff but I started playing on Resident Evil about 9:30, I turn off the Game Cube go to the PC onto trusty GAD and it's bloody 12:10. I mean where does the time go. How much of out precious lives do we waste on these interactive pictures. It's quite strange when you think about it like that.

I'm not too brilliant at resi-evil on the GC, all I wanna do is complete the game. I can't be bothered to do whole portions without saving for ages. I'll tell you something you can laugh at, I'm now on my 23rd save. And I've only just got up to the 1st Hunter.... cool or what?

I remember back in the day when my dad won the SNES. Back then it was about £60. My dad wins everything, a little while ago he won a trip to Canada which he's going on in a couple of weeks. He's probably a drug dealer for all I know. Naa only joking. Anyway the point is, I remember the day when we won the SNES. It was about 12ish I suppose, I was in my room fast asleep dreaming about various animals... rabbits, hamsters, sheep when I was awoken by some commotion outside my room. I got up to see what all the fuss was about and my bro's were like 'Dad won a SNES' And I just thought... woopee, and went back to bed.

I remember the first time I played on it, those retro graphics and solid coloured backgrounds. The first game we got which came with it was Mario: Yoshis Island. It was an excellent game when I think about it. The day I completed it was like the best day of my life. When I think about it, it was pretty hard considering I was like 10 or something ( I cant remember).
Yeah so, it was pretty hard. And the other day I was thinking 'Well that was just a kids game... meant for kids, surely if I played it now I'd be supreme'. So I took it round my friends who already had his SNES set up and I played it. It took me back a few years I tell ya. But the thing was, I wasn't supreme. It wasn't a kids game. Now as a grown up, I still fall down those stupid gaps in the floor or get walked into by those damn Koopa Troopers. I mean honestly, who dies by getting walked into by a turtle.
I'll tell you who.... Mario.

And then I played some other games like Cybernator, Cannon Fodder, you know, all the old school classics. My very first console was the Mega Drive 2. And my very first game was Robocop V Terminator. Dude that game was sweet. You had to control Robocop and get to the evil Cyberdyne headquarters in order to stop the Terminator. It was really good though the way you shot people with one pistol bullet and they just exploded in a mass of gore. It was pretty sick, I think that was what turned me into the sick gun toting person I am today.

When you were a kid I bet you watched the Smurfs and The Flinstones.
When I was a kid I was watching 18 rated films that used to scare the pants off me. I remember crying once when I was watching Psycho 2 (I think it was) When the teen boy was getting stabbed by the killer repeatedly.
I still get freaked now though.

I have freaky nightmares where my brother is tryna stab me with knives and stuff and I usually end up running across the landing upstairs screaming. My brother gets really annoyed cos he's usually the one that has to stop me falling.

I'll tell you what I did the Saturday before last. My Dad, Mum and Bro were going up to London by train. I was going aswell. Before I woke up I had a dream that London was going to be attacked by terrorists and I dreampt that loads of people were going to be killed. Anyway, I woke up and my mum said, come on we'll miss the train. Anyway, I was really hesitating on whether or not to go. In the end I did go to the station. When we got on the train, I noticed 2 guys sitting over to us. The were slightly suspicious looking dressed in ordinary plain militant style clothes. One of them had a canteen which he took a swig from and when he did, I noticed his hand was shaking badly. This freaked me out as I thought they were gonna blow the train or something. Anyway, just as the train started up, I said 'Oh I'm not gonna go to London' and quickley got off. I really did believe that I was gonna die that day. Of course my family got home fine without being attacked on the train or in London.

I don't think that was normal what I did. My friends said they're worried about me and I think all this terrorism is getting to me. I've turned incredibly supersticious over the last year because of all the stuff thats happened. The bali bombing, sep 11th, all the scuicides in places. And the worst thing is that my mums not too supportive to me in the way that I say to her I'm really scared of what might happen anyday. I'd say something to her like ' Yeah but it wouldn't really happen over here would it'? and she'd say 'Of course, you could go in Mcdonalds in London for a burger and the guy next to you could have a bomb strapped to him' And that just freaks me out even more. But it's completely true, we could all die anyday now from anything.

In a more lighter note, me and my friends thought we'd do something festive this year for halloween and, considering my nick names Pumkpin, I bought a GIANT pumpkin and stuck it on my head. It was totally cool, we caught it on film. It cost 4.99 from Sainsburys. What we did was cut a large enough hole in the bottom for my head to fit in then we took out all the seeds, let it dry and then stuck it on my head. Hilarious I can assure you.

I cant wait for Christmas this year.... I love Christmas. My birthdays also on New Years Eve which can mean only one thing.... I'll figure it out whe the time comes.

I think I spend way too much time on the comp. I new games like every week. Someone should take my damn bank card away as it burns holes in my pocket. I also figured out a very cool trick indeed to do with bank machines. I have figured out a way to tamper any bank card that obviousley hasn't been cancelled to give you money without the corrct pin number.
So basically ( Of course I would NEVER do this becuase it's really dihonest) you get say your mums bank card, go to a machine and put it in, dial any 4 numbers and take out money. The way to tamper it I'm not going to tell you but I can say that it has something to do with the big black strip on the back.

Wow, how on earth has this taken me an hour and a quarter to type this.
It didn't seem like it at all, I guess I'm just really bored and am not tired enough to go to bed yet. They say time flies when you're having fun. Am I having fun? No I'm not. Is time flying? Indeed it is. The only way anyone could make time fly while having fun is by jumping on a tramponline and then throwing a clock.

Well erm.... you've been a great audience and er... i'll say farewell.
Wed 06/11/02 at 21:50
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Damn Maddmun, that is a good ending, I might publish it.
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Resident Evil is rubbish. It's nowhere as good as Shenmue. No matter what Whitestripes says.
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:42
Regular
Possum in a bottle wrote:
> damn you Madmunn, look down the page to something cookie monster did.
> There is a stickman made out of lines, I was telling the story of how
> he got in that pose ! ! !

you spelt my name wrong

new story of part 2

First he looked like this
O
/III\
/ \

rather bulked up

he fell into a sawdust machine

then some glue magically fell onto him and he achieved that pose

Ya happy?!
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
damn you Madmunn, look down the page to something cookie monster did. There is a stickman made out of lines, I was telling the story of how he got in that pose ! ! !
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:50
Regular
?
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:45
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Errr. I don't think he did fall into a sawdust machine, otherwise he would'nt look like he des would he? silly person.
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:38
Regular
Part 2 of stickman

.. he walked into the street and fell into a sawdust machine... THE END
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:35
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
will someone please finish the story about the stickman! ! !
Wed 06/11/02 at 19:23
Regular
It is amazing how time fly's that quickl.... OW what the hell!? I just got hit by a flying clock.....
Wed 06/11/02 at 17:38
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
This is the story of the stick man also known as Pete.

It was about 7 in the morning when Pete woke up. He got out of bed and did his usual routine which goes like this: Out of bed -> have cereal -> get showered -> go to work OR shopping depending on day. As that day was Saturday, it was time to go shopping.

Pete left his house about 8:30 smelling as fresh as a daisy.

Someone carry on the story using the line above as to why Pete was in that stickman pose. We want this to carry on for at least 2 more posts so don't end it straight away. GO GO GO! ! ! If you are the person who is going to write the next part of the story, write a small post previous to it saying ' I am writing part two of the stickman story' So people know to wait and they can do the next part.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.