GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual Pets???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/00 at 19:12
Regular
We have all heard and some have sen virtual pets, these things invade your privacy when you log on to your PC, they bark/miow or if you have a cow it says "moo" they also follow your curser until you switch the computor off.
Well I just had a strange inspiration and wanted to tell all you crazy people about it, why don't they make them 'virtual'? like a hologram or something, so if you get one for christmas you don't have to worry if you get rid of it? and it's won't need feeding or cleaning for going out. And when there are special events for pets you can put the hologram projector in the boot of the car not having to worry about dribble and strange smells, and when you get to the event it can be switched on a strut it's stuff with no problem as they are so obedient(if programmed). Think about it, maybe when we die we could be bought back as virtual people and walk around the world when our future generations want us out to talk to, or when they want to borrow some money.

THIS WILL HAPPEN, DON'T DISMISS THIS IDEA.
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:12
We have all heard and some have sen virtual pets, these things invade your privacy when you log on to your PC, they bark/miow or if you have a cow it says "moo" they also follow your curser until you switch the computor off.
Well I just had a strange inspiration and wanted to tell all you crazy people about it, why don't they make them 'virtual'? like a hologram or something, so if you get one for christmas you don't have to worry if you get rid of it? and it's won't need feeding or cleaning for going out. And when there are special events for pets you can put the hologram projector in the boot of the car not having to worry about dribble and strange smells, and when you get to the event it can be switched on a strut it's stuff with no problem as they are so obedient(if programmed). Think about it, maybe when we die we could be bought back as virtual people and walk around the world when our future generations want us out to talk to, or when they want to borrow some money.

THIS WILL HAPPEN, DON'T DISMISS THIS IDEA.
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:16
Regular
Yeah! Or perhaps you could get a real dog!
Thousands of dogs are locked up in kennels every year, remove one and give it a life. For only the equivilent of £1 a day you can adopt...
(He babbles a lot doesn't he...)
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:21
I would do, but my Dads not a big fan of dogs, as My aunt got one 3years ago from the RSPCA(I think thats the one) and when it came to visit our house it left a little brown gift on our carpet, luckily it didn't smell, my dad wasn't to happy but the dog was young and it's really clever, it almost takes it selfs for a walk and comes back when it's tired, it would feed its self but it has this problem with opening cans.
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:25
Regular
I don't see a thing about gaming in here. Dog's? What the heck is going on here! Meatball i don't see your point at talking about virtua Pets....unless.
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:52
Do you know what virtual pets are?? they don't really exist in our world, they are just cartoon creatures programmed onto a CD which you can buy and put on your PC, a PC is short for Personal COMPUTOR which we use for COMPUTOR games and other stuff that needs a COMPUTOR.
Sorry about stating the obvious but I was only trying to liven this place up a little, maybe bring some new ideas to some people. Most topics start out about computors but I havn't seen many that finish talking about them, or have anything to do with them after the first 5 letters.
Thankyou for reading.
Thu 05/10/00 at 20:58
Don't forget that virtual pets started out on little LCD screens, not computErs. I don't think people would bother with 3d hologramatic virtual pets, (where would the power source come from?) they'd probably be too expensive. Mind you, look at that Sony Adibo dog (or whatever it's called) loads of money, not many made, but something quite a few people want, well a few, a dozen? one? okay then.

As for real dogs, are they compatible with my Dreamcast?
(but,yes Grix, I agree that people should go to shelters first to get animals)
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:02
Sheltered dogs are much better, they are usually much easier to train and are very lovable, affectionate or whatever, they are cheaper to get from shelters and you doing them a favour, so everyone is happy. Excpet for the dog if he/she doesn't like you, or the food you give it.
Fri 06/10/00 at 13:53
I think virtual pets were just one of them fad things, so perhaps we've moved on. But with furbies and things i doubt it. And of course a lot of games are taking on a similar idea, The Sims for example, and Black & White it seems. Now that i've destroyed proper grammar (Starting a sentence with and??? now he's doing it with BUT! HE MUST PAY!) i'll move on. damn my holographic monkey has had another error, he looks just like a pile of molten metal and things... oh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.