GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to win GAD!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/11/02 at 17:18
Regular
One too many newbies have complained about the difficulty of GAD. Well, I have created an honest, down to earth step by step guide to winning GAD.

Okay, firstly, you need to put your name as either ~Resur~, Savo J or born 2 spam. If none of these are available, then try a slight variation. Then, you need to put your tagline as one of the following:
Mr. Snuggly licks balls *
Mr. Snuggly 4 Tony **
I hate Mr. Snuggly ***
Mr. Snuggly is gay ****
Snuggly kisses sheep *****
Or any other mild insult aimed at Mr. Snuggly. This should make you popular with every user, and most importantly, the entire GAD staff.

Now, you’ll need to head onto the Chatforums. You need to make a name for yourself. Try typing in txt, it’s what everyone does. Make sure to insult anyone who uses regular speak, saying that they are all boffiny and uncool. You need to post topics in txt, and make them short, and post them 3 or more times just so people notice them. Insult all the Notables, and go to Site Bugs and complain about things that aren’t wrong - it always raises a smile amongst the GAD staff. Make sure to make foul-mouthed comments about Tony’s age and Schroeders’ breasts while you are there. You need to do this for about a week before you start attempting GAD. If you get banned (which happens randomly, not your fault), then go back tot he top of this topic and start again. Now you should be ready to move onto the actual GAD attempts!

Depending on which type of attempt you are making, read different parts. For Topics, refer to the first paragraph. For reviews, the second. And Hints/Cheats/Walkthroughs, go to the third.
Topics need to be written in txt, so they are cool. They need to feature at least one swear word per 3 to 4 lines, censored out if you want. They need to be poorly written, and make sure not to back up whatever argument with proof. If you prefer the lighter side of things, you can do a spoof. Make sure it doesn’t make much sense, it’s short, and try to make the jokes not particularly funny.
For reviews, they need to be firstly for games that either haven’t been released or for games that have been out for an age. Try to make the reviews very short, and screw writing, just do a list of scores for things like graphics. Also, make sure every review gives the game 1/10. That means it’s the best, and SR like that. Try to use expletives as much as possible, as that makes Snuggly laugh.
For walkthroughs, try and copy them, but do credit the original author. Also, make sure to replace all the writing with txt.. don’t want you drifting off into nerd land, do we? For cheats, and hints, just do one a day. Your bound to win one day.

Make sure that every failed attempt is greeted by 2 or 3 topics on the Chat rooms saying how gay it is that you didn’t win and generally moaning about how stupid Mr. Snuggly is. Remember: txt is a vital part of making people respect your topics.

Eventually, you will win. Remember to keep mixing together txty, spam and my tips on GAD entries, and soon the likes of Meka Dragon and pb will be quivering at the sound of a GAD attempt by you.

* I cannot confirm that Mr. Snuggly licks balls
** I cannot confirm that Mr. Snuggly fancies Tony
*** Mr. Snuggly is probably a very nice gentleman
**** I cannot confirm that Mr. Snuggly is gay
***** I cannot confirm that Mr. Snuggly makes love to sheep.

NB: I take no blame for bannings, failed GAD attempts or 100% unpopularity on the forums.
Sat 09/11/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Snuggly kisses sheep, lol :- D
Sat 09/11/02 at 01:21
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Oh, go away and stop talking to me, Mr. Radical 'Muzic' man.

NOPE!, I can talk to whoever I like.
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
el blokey did. he won it
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:56
Semajal wrote:
> someone did something like this recently...

Yes...it's true.
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
It didn't work!
*cries*
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:26
"...Unicef pennies.."
Ah. So thats how you do it!

Thank you.

*goes to change tag line*
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:36
Regular
Oh, go away and stop talking to me, Mr. Radical 'Muzic' man.
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:32
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Yeah.. well, I didn't copy it, It's actually been sitting in my file
> for ages without me noticing.

OK we believe you.

no sarcasm there ok?
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:32
Regular
Yeah.. well, I didn't copy it, It's actually been sitting in my file for ages without me noticing.
Fri 08/11/02 at 17:31
Regular
I am sure I seen that to, probably posted by Ell Nakedo or something like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.