GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"max payne is better than off mgs2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/03/02 at 13:08
Regular
i think max payne is 100% better than mgs2 wot do u think?
Sun 17/03/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Its all about
> personal likes, not what a magazine tells you !

Totally agree with you, depends on what type of games you like and everyones opinion is different. Personlly I play a lot of Pro Evolution Soccer, because thats what I like.

If others dont like it well thats up to them.
Sun 17/03/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I bought Ace Combat 4, MGS 2 and Max Payne all on the smae day.

I've played AC4 to its end, which took about 16 hours of play, with a completion time of short of 4 hours. I'm now playing the missions with the new planes and trying to unlock the colours, tiger stripes, songs e.t.c.

Max payne, at the end of chapter one and I play it every day.

MGS2, played twice, and its nice but just doesn't grab me, I'll probably come back to it sometime.

Its all about personal likes, not what a magazine tells you !
Sun 17/03/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> CDouch wrote:
> I have them both two, but I would say:

MGS2: 9/10
Max
> Payne: 7/10

They
> are both great, but lack certain things.

I would
> think these stats are about right

MGS2 has great graphics, story, gameplay and replay value etc, but is still not perfect. It could do with a multiplayer mode, and maybe be a bit longer.

Max Payne has good graphics and reseanable gameplay. The story is good. But them damn dream sequences! and again it could do with a multiplayer mode. The problem is though it gets too repetetive and I found it to have little replay value.
Sun 17/03/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
CDouch wrote:
> I have them both two, but I would say:

Max Payne: 7/10

They
> are both great, but lack certain things.

I would think these stats are about right
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I have them both two, but I would say:

Max Payne: 7/10

They are both great, but lack certain things.
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:02
I own both, MGS2 is by far the best game ever designed and created and is at the top of my pile ahead of, GTA3, Devil May Cry, GT3 A-spec and Max Payne. Max Payne is also one of my all time favourite games and i have completed it 3 times but lets be honest it is no MGS2, the gameplay in Max Payne is very strong and i find the graphics and sound very pleasing but the lastability isn't very good. I completed Max Payne in 6 hours flat and the first time through MGS2 took me 15 hours and i am still trying to collect all of the dog-tags and unlock everything possible.

Max Payne has harder difficulty levels to unlock but at the end of the day there is no reward for completing the game apart from to solve your own self-a-steam.

MGS2 is the most ground breaking and compelling game that i have ever played and there is no reason why anyone would not like the game (apart from to cause a fuss and be awkward).

Max Payne as i have said is one of my favourite games of all time and i would recommend it to anyone but MGS2 is by far my greatest game of all time and if i had to choose i would get MGS2 first and then Max Payne.

MGS2 = 10/10
Max Payne = 9/10
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Then again, it comes down to opinions doesnt it.
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I havent really played Max Payne, but i doubt that the story line is much better, if better at all of that in MGS 2.

I doubt it will be 100% better than MGS 2 aswell.
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Max Payne is a good game, bit like mission impossible on PS 1
Its good features on it. theres slow motion shooting, plots to unravel, good graphics and playability.
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
i just can coz i dont like mgs2 its my opion

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.