GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/10/00 at 13:29
Regular
Some years ago I came across a forum in which it gave a list of the most read comments each day, listing the amount of 'hits', this was quite handy, as it turned out that most people only read the ones that were worth reading! There was also a feature that allowed you to rate other peoples views, and a table for this, so you could see who's opinion was most popular. Do you think something like that would be any good on this site?
Thu 05/10/00 at 13:29
Regular
"not dead"
Some years ago I came across a forum in which it gave a list of the most read comments each day, listing the amount of 'hits', this was quite handy, as it turned out that most people only read the ones that were worth reading! There was also a feature that allowed you to rate other peoples views, and a table for this, so you could see who's opinion was most popular. Do you think something like that would be any good on this site?
Thu 05/10/00 at 14:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Er yes, as long as no rewards were given for the number of hits or ratings because that would be SO open to abuse, a bit like on other sites I could mention. You could always judge how popular your topic was by the number of people that respond to it though, at least that proves they actually read what you wrote. If you are lucky and Dan reads it, you could count that as 2 hits. And if Grix reads it that counts as 2 too, one for Grix and one for his brain that tells him to respond to it.
One hit from me anyway.
Thu 05/10/00 at 16:30
Hey kids, thanks for noticing! As it happens, we are in the process of creating a 'stars' system to rate the game reviews at this very moment so if you think something is really terrible then you can tell us. Is that OK, or do you want more? You lot drive me crazy, you crazies!
Thu 05/10/00 at 16:48
When will I win? Please read my 'I PLAY GAMES' it took me ages.
Thu 05/10/00 at 17:42
Regular
Will you win? Maybe just maybe. It took you ages but people always write a huge essay and they win nothing!
Anyway they might give it to the wrong Dan!
Fri 06/10/00 at 12:58
well i read it, so that's a hit for me... Ow, not literally! I think you are more likely to win with an average sized post than a huge one because the Special Reserve folks will probably just get fed up of having to read such a big post and will think it takes up too much if their time and so they wont get a fair chance to read other posts. Anyone understand that? i got lost halfway through.
Sat 07/10/00 at 11:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yep.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.