GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What game should i get next ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/11/02 at 18:06
Regular
should it be a sport game , shoot em' up, adventure ? you tell me what your favorite game is and i can see what i should get.
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:06
should it be a sport game , shoot em' up, adventure ? you tell me what your favorite game is and i can see what i should get.
Sat 09/11/02 at 18:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
hucklebury wrote:
> should it be a sport game , shoot em' up, adventure ? you tell me
> what your favorite game is and i can see what i should get.

My favourite games for the DC are:

Crazy Taxi 1 + 2
Shenmue 1 + 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Quake III Arena
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Skies of Arcadia

I would recommend any one of those!
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Definately get one of these:

Shenmue II
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure 2
Mon 11/11/02 at 13:48
Regular
mate,its depends what kinda games yer into.its all down to personal taste,
but there are quite a few dc games EVERYONE must own,or at least have played a few times. will u be playing alone or with mates? what genre of
games are u most into,because in my opnion there is at least one AAA
title in each genre on the dc.im sure the other forum users will agree with me.
my fave dc driving games are metropolis street racer,daytona and

f355 challenge.
other good ones are le mans 24 hr,f1 gp2 and of course crazy taxi.
crazy taxi 2 is a bit poo though.
if yer after fighting games then soul calibur,dead or alive 2 and powerstone2 are all fantastic,esp powerstone2 if u have more than 2 players.virtua fighter 3tb is ok too.
good puzzle games are chu chu rocket and mr driller.bust a move 4 is quite enjoyable but a bit dull in 1player mode.
rpg's arent really my thing but ive heard SOOOOOOOOOO much about shenmue 1+2 skies of arcadia and phantasy star online that im sure theyre amazing.
fps/shooting/action/adventure games u have to have outtrigger and quake 3,
silent scope-one of my all time fave dc games.starlancer is pretty good also.i also love resident evil:code veronica,but avoid the other 2 as theyre just lazy psx ports.
and if u get hold of a light gun u have to own house of the dead 2 and confidential mission.
other games i love on dc are 18 wheel pro trucker,tony hawks pro skater 2
powerstone and hidden and dangerous.
im sure ive forgotten some wicked games,cause there are so many,
but good luck and enjoy yer gaming.
Tue 12/11/02 at 09:36
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I want Skies of Arcadia :O((((

The favourite Dreamcast game in my house is Virtua Tennis 2, which everyone bar me plays religiously. It looks good though, I may have to buy another memory card so I can play it too :O)

Besides that, I can recommend MSR, JSR, Bangaio, Marvel vs Capcom II, Rez and a truckload of other games I've got on the cheap |o/
Tue 12/11/02 at 10:47
Regular
"Remember me?"
Miserableman wrote:
> Besides that, I can recommend MSR, JSR, Bangaio, Marvel vs Capcom 2...

ARGH!!!

Sell me Marvel vs Capcom 2!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:35
I've heard that Headhunter is quite good. Haven't played it though.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:41
I thought I was never going to buy another Dreamcast game, but all these games people are mentioning are making my mouth waterapvomhmvuhg. Sorry, some of the spit went on the keyboard.

I might get Skies of Arcadia, Headhunter and Virtua Tennis 2 (I've got the original). I've played CT2, and it's good. In some ways it's better than the original, in other ways it's not.

I thought that at 15, nearly 16, I was growing out of video games, but how wrong can I be? I guess you're never too old for games. I suppose it's like a trap. Once you're into video games, you carry on hearing about new games, and want the latest console. You tell yourself that this console will be your last, then you get another one (that's what happened when I got my Megadrive, then got a DC).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.