GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Endless Ocean"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Endless Ocean'.
Wed 14/11/07 at 10:42
Regular
Or Forever Blue, if you prefer.

Anyone seen a review of this anywhere? It was out on friday but I still can't find one.
Wed 14/11/07 at 10:42
Regular
Or Forever Blue, if you prefer.

Anyone seen a review of this anywhere? It was out on friday but I still can't find one.
Wed 14/11/07 at 13:24
"possibly impossible"
If you use Gamestats (part of the IGN network) you can see when a press or game site review becomes available. Click Here

For Endless Oceans there is only 1 review at the moment, which gives the 'game' 6.8, but then reading it you get a feeling they just don't understand what it's about.

I personally want this game, as it's something my eldest daughter will enjoy and sounds quite relaxing. Besides, it's only £18 on Amazon.
Wed 14/11/07 at 17:11
Regular
I've been keeping an eye on Gamerankings but no reviews as yet.

C&VG have on from back in August of an import copy, they gave it 8.8 if memory serves, but they just praise it for being relaxing, they don't actually review it, if that makes sense?
Thu 15/11/07 at 10:24
"possibly impossible"
Well, I've got double points in Tesco, but it wasn't there last week. If it's there this week I'll get it and review it for you!

Alternatively, look at reviews on Amazon, the customers are pretty much on the ball with these things.
Mon 03/12/07 at 09:44
Regular
I got this at the weekend, but haven't got round to playing it yet. Fingers crossed I'll get chance tonight.
Mon 03/12/07 at 11:42
"possibly impossible"
Still not in Tesco. Let me know what you think!
Mon 03/12/07 at 13:58
Regular
Will do.
Tue 04/12/07 at 13:48
Regular
Ok, played about an hour and a half of this now and, to be honest, there doesn't seem much to do.

Mission 1 - get used to swimming around.

Mission 2 - Trace the topography of the ocean floor, which basically consisted of swimming to a certain area.

Those are the only two I've done, as the missions themselves really don't matter. I found myself having done mission 2 thinking "ok, I'll get bored in a minute. Really, I will." But you just don't.

Swimming around with the soothing music (the soundtrack supplied by New Zealands Hayley Westenra just fits) and sounds is strangely addictive - helped with smooth animation that really does allow a suspension of disbelief and very easy, and correctly weighted, controls.

The only slightly negative point I would make is that when you dive, you can only swim in a certain radius around the boat, this is quite a large area, but I often found myself wandering off only to stop abruptly and have a message flash up that I was leaving the target area and I needed to turn around.

This game won't be everyone's bag, but I personally found it very hard to put down, despite the fact I had nothing to do in game except float about and see what happens.

You may hate it, or you may love it, unfortunately it's one of those games that you're just going to have to try for yourself to know.
Tue 04/12/07 at 15:26
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sounds pretty much in keeping with the reviews I've read. Its more of an experience than a game.
Tue 04/12/07 at 16:38
"possibly impossible"
I think your radius gets bigger as you complete more of the missions, and it also unlocks new creatures for you to catalogue.

Sounds like I may get this, then! (After Christmas, I expect)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.