GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dynasty Warriors V Kessen"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 21:40
Regular
Would just like your opinions please....

I recently purchased Dynasty Warriors 2 from SR, cuz it not only looked quite a cool slash-and-bash, but I couldn't believe someone was selling a PS2 game for less than £15!! hehe

Yes, it has its faults and is hardly next-gen, but I've found it strangely addictive. What I'd therefore like your opinions on is whether I should buy Dynasty Warriors 3 or try one of the Kessen games!?!

Can anyone give me a rough breakdown of the differences between the two. Yes, I know both Kessens are more strategy, but, as I understand it, you can still play as a character during the battles?

Any opinions appreciated,
cheers
Fri 22/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have Dynasty Warriors 2 - That is awesome, a brilliant game that really shows off the power of PS2!! Im looking forward to the third one!!
Kessen, to me it looks kind of boring!! Not really into that sort of game!!
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:09
Both Dynasty Warriors 3 and Kessen 2 came out today - anyone played either? What are your initial impressions?

I read a review which explained that Kessen 2 was slightly more interactive than its first installment, views?

Electronic Boutique has Kessen 2 up for £44.99 - blimey thats way more han SR. No wonder some games don't get a fair audience when they are put up at such ridiculous prices!!!
Sun 17/03/02 at 02:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
iv'e actually just got the dynasty warriors demo today, so will post againafter ive had a few rounds on it. Ive heard kessans pretty good.
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:35
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Basically Dynasty Warriors is an all-slashing-up-action game. You can try your hand at tactically positioning your troops and choosing numerous options, but you actually have a huge impact on the action quite simply cause you are much better than all the AI fighers. It is a fun game though despite some graphical glitches at times.

Kessen is a strategy game to put it simply. You do not get to move your chosen fighter around and whereas you still control your troops with numerous commands and magical attacks, the game is simply not fun enough. It hasnt got enough action but the cut-scenes are pertty good :)
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd say Dynasty Warriors is the best of the two. I haven't played Kessen but I don't think i would find myself as addicted to that game as I would Dynasty Warriors. It's so addictive that I've played through it about eight times, I can never seem to get bored of it. I can't wait for Dynasty Warriors 3, but luckily its out this Friday.
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:40
Would just like your opinions please....

I recently purchased Dynasty Warriors 2 from SR, cuz it not only looked quite a cool slash-and-bash, but I couldn't believe someone was selling a PS2 game for less than £15!! hehe

Yes, it has its faults and is hardly next-gen, but I've found it strangely addictive. What I'd therefore like your opinions on is whether I should buy Dynasty Warriors 3 or try one of the Kessen games!?!

Can anyone give me a rough breakdown of the differences between the two. Yes, I know both Kessens are more strategy, but, as I understand it, you can still play as a character during the battles?

Any opinions appreciated,
cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.