GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help would be much appreciated! :)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/11/07 at 22:34
Regular
"Hello?"
Hi, I would appreciate any help with the following, starting to drive me crazy!!
I recently bought COD4 for the PS3 and have been having trouble getting online. I thought it was just because it was busy etc but after researching on the net i think it may be due to my connection.
Basically my PS3 is hooked up to the internet using an ICS via an ethernet cable. I use to have a ps2 and never had any problems playing games online via this method.

My broadband provdider is tiscali and i've got a speedtouch usb modem. I can connect perfectly to the internet with my PS3 and also am able to play online on resistance, it's just COD4 that i'm having problems with.
I've read that there is port forwarding to do?? I'm not a stupid guy but I'm a bit confused on how to set up my sharing connection between the PC and the ps3 and sort out the ports etc? I've looked for a lot of the answer to these questions and haven't really got anywhere so i thought i'd ask you guys :)

Is it the end for my ICS and shall i just buy a router? If so could you tell me a good one to get and if it's compatable with tiscali 8mb broadband.
Many thanks!
Wed 21/11/07 at 14:25
Regular
"Hello?"
Yea cheers for that tried it all before :(
Wed 21/11/07 at 14:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This any help?

Presumably you'd need to set up port forwarding on your router as well though.
Wed 21/11/07 at 14:03
Regular
"Hello?"
I've since researched into the reasons why I cannot connect to COD4 during certain times and it basically leads back to my ISP. I'm with tiscali who suck! and many tiscali customers cannot get online with COD4 between 4pm and 11pm, they have blocked certain ports relating to this game. I'm currently using a a ICS from my PC and have a ADSL USB modem, evey where i seem to look for solutions about the ports seem to relate to routers, got any ideas about how to do this with my setup?
I'm prob going to switch ISP's but just wondered in the mean time.
Wed 21/11/07 at 13:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Tue 13/11/07 at 22:52
Regular
"Hello?"
Ok, cheers for that. Guess I'll sit tight for a while. Having thoughts about sleeping in the day and staying up all night playing the game, it works fine after 11pm.
Tue 13/11/07 at 22:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Infinity Ward have acknowledged problems with COD4 online as documented here. You say that you have no problems with other PS3 games/features so I'd be inclined to believe its not your problem at this stage. At the very least I'd wait until they've comfirmed they have fixed all they are going to do before thinking about investing in new routers etc..
Tue 13/11/07 at 22:34
Regular
"Hello?"
Hi, I would appreciate any help with the following, starting to drive me crazy!!
I recently bought COD4 for the PS3 and have been having trouble getting online. I thought it was just because it was busy etc but after researching on the net i think it may be due to my connection.
Basically my PS3 is hooked up to the internet using an ICS via an ethernet cable. I use to have a ps2 and never had any problems playing games online via this method.

My broadband provdider is tiscali and i've got a speedtouch usb modem. I can connect perfectly to the internet with my PS3 and also am able to play online on resistance, it's just COD4 that i'm having problems with.
I've read that there is port forwarding to do?? I'm not a stupid guy but I'm a bit confused on how to set up my sharing connection between the PC and the ps3 and sort out the ports etc? I've looked for a lot of the answer to these questions and haven't really got anywhere so i thought i'd ask you guys :)

Is it the end for my ICS and shall i just buy a router? If so could you tell me a good one to get and if it's compatable with tiscali 8mb broadband.
Many thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.