GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best advert?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
Okay, forget 'The third place' and Xboxs baby to death advert...

Will Nintendo have the ultimate advertising tool? No, I don't mean a television advertisement, I mean an advert that people would pay to watch, that even those who aren't fans of Nintendo, probably a large number of Playstation fans in fact, would volantarily subject themselves to.

I am talking about a film. The Resident Evil film in fact. You may be wondering what utter rubbish I am spouting by now, but think about it. A fan of the original Playstation who hasn't yet bought a new console goes off to see the Resident Evil film with some mates. He (or she) reckons it was a really good film. The person asks one of their mates when the PS2 is getting the next Resident Evil game. And they are told.

"There aren't any more Resident Evil games on Playstation. They're only on the GameCube now."

Basically this film is going to attract all the fans of the Resident Evil franchise (mostly PSX fans) and there will probably be a fair few of those who aren't that well informed when it comes to general gaming news. So when they find out Resident Evil is now only for GameCube, and they loved the film, and the series so far, will that swing them?

Maybe not, but if they are unsure it will definitely have some bearing on their decision of console. And if they have a PS2 and can afford a second, they will probably be swung in the GCs direction.

Could Resident Evil do Nintendo even more good than just being a Nintendo exclusive series? We'll see.
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Remember to tell us what it is like YH!
Sun 17/03/02 at 17:55
Regular
I've seen the XBox Baby To Death advert, the one with th einsects in the jungle making music, and I've seen the advert for PGR.

They all rock!

I can't wait to get my XBox. The latest I have to wait is until Easter, so less than two weeks to go!
Sun 17/03/02 at 17:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I hate that advert, that tunes so crap!
The baby advert is so much better I love it.
I saw one for HALO that was good too, shooting the wing off an airplane seems a little exagerated, but hey, it's the future.
Sun 17/03/02 at 16:53
Regular
Good point but going back to the XBOX advert, i like the Fly advert where all the flie's are in the jungle and are making there own music
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
c wrote:
> whats the hype about the game cube?
is it not just the same spec as ps2 with
> crap games

Tut-tut. Still, more and more of you are pouring in with the samish comments like, " PS2 iz da gr8est! Gaycube sux " It would be nice for a change to see you acctually stand back and look at the Gamecube, because if you look longer that your attention span (Put's goldfishes to shame) you will see that we do indeed have something very exciting to look foorward to.
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:27
Regular
"wow"
whats the hype about the game cube?
is it not just the same spec as ps2 with crap games
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
That's quite a good point there Sibs!

Hopefully the film will be WICKED and help the Gamecube sell MILLIONS!

:)
Sun 17/03/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> The best gaming advert was for the original GTA and was thought up by Max
> Clifford of PR Guruness fame:

Basically a journo for a local rag had picked
> up on the sick death game and decided to write a Daily Mail-esque indictment of
> it. Fair Enough. The article made no impact at all, but the guy was called Steve
> Pope.

Clifford ran a series of adverts with the slogan "Pope says ban
> death game"

Inspired.

heh... rather amusing!
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Don't really think it's an advert, I saw the Final Fantasy film, it was good, but i'm gonna go and buy a PS1 or PS2 just to play it, infact, i've never played a Final Fantasy game, ever, and I don't want to.
I think Resident Evil has been dragged out, it seems like Tomb Raider to me now, although i'll buy it when it's released on the GC, hope it's good, also i can't imagine the film being any good unless it's complete 3d like the FF film. real people acting as Zombies *reminesses Michael Jackson videos*...no.
Sun 17/03/02 at 12:58
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The best gaming advert was for the original GTA and was thought up by Max Clifford of PR Guruness fame:

Basically a journo for a local rag had picked up on the sick death game and decided to write a Daily Mail-esque indictment of it. Fair Enough. The article made no impact at all, but the guy was called Steve Pope.

Clifford ran a series of adverts with the slogan "Pope says ban death game"

Inspired.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.