GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Soldier"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 18:14
Regular
From the notes of soldier Daniel Modol:

I was homesick already. I hated this place, consigned to patrol this strip of corridor day and night with few breaks. What is so important about this place anyway? I'm never told anything.

It was three days ago that I said my goodbyes to my wife and kids. It was tough to let them go. I told the kids I wouldn't be away long, knowing that it could be weeks or months before I could see them again. My wife knew that all too well. It was two months until I got home from my last assignment, to guard a lab facility in Texas. It went smoothly and I was told that further work would become available to me in the commanders next operation.

But I never knew it would be anything of this scale. I, as well as some other soldiers were airlifted to this facility situated in the sea just off New York. Reports of the operation carried out two years ago are hazy, with the press telling us that the fall of the tanker was something to do with an operative known as Snake - But some think that this is just a government cover up.

Anyway, it is not my part to be worried about such things, I am merely a guard. It is a dangerous job, as my wife repeatedly tells me, but it is the only work I can get. After I was kicked out of the Army, its the only thing I can do. Fighting is my passion, even if I do not get to see much of it nowadays.

On arriving at the facility, we were met with 50 or so other soldiers. We were there to back up the others who had arrived some days earlier. The uniform I recieved was similar to that of the one at the lab facility - I presumed that the same sort of chemical risks could occur in this operation. The AK-47 had also been a standard weapon in other assignments, although I had never had the chance to properly use it when on guard. After the briefing and equipment check, we were each given our tasks. I was told to patrol a corridor located near to strut C dining hall. I could not believe how small the patrol areas were. We had a much larger area to guard at the lab facility, although that was a smaller operation. This 'big shell' plant must be much more important than I first thought.

The days in this place are long. I cannot even get to sleep in the breaks I get in the night, which is why I am writing this account of my experiences, purely to pass the time away. I asked if I could phone my family but was refused. There is to be no communication with the outside whilst in the Big Shell facility, I was told.

The other patroller in the area, Noriyuki Katsumaru, told me of stange things occuring throughout the plant and sightings of unknown figures. He even thinks he saw a man disappear climbing up a vent in the wall. I just told him his mind must be playing tricks on him. Its what happens in this line of work, it becomes repetitive and mind-numbingly tedious - you start to invent things with your imagination.

My break is nearly over, I had better get back to my post with all these cameras watching me. Im sure I heard a crash a few minutes back, but Noriyuki has probably dealt with it.

From the report of Officer Michael Haynes:

It was at 2.35 3/5 when a guard alerted the area to the discovery of an incident in the strut C dining hall. On failing to contact anyone from the area, patrol guard Tetsuro Sueyoshi went there to find out the problem. On arriving he discovered the body of Daniel Modol, a patrol guard in the area. Alerting security in strut C, I was called to the scene immediately. Clearing squads found another soldier, Noriyuki Katsumaru underneath a table in the dining hall suffering from gun shot wounds to both legs.

He told of how he heard a disturbance on the other side of the hall. There he discovered a young male taking shots at bottles on tables in the dining hall. He could not give a detailed account of his description, but believes that he has long, Whitish hair and has a 'skin-tight' suit. The man then shot Katsumaru's radio and then both his legs. The man then exited the room and Katsumaru hid under a table. He watched through the open door as the man walked down the corridor towards the exit. There he was suprised to find another patrol guard (identified as Daniel Modol) entering the corridor. Security cameras show that Modol did not see the intruder as he began his patrol. The unidentifed man then held Modol up at gunpoint. Katsumaru recalls Modol pleading with the man for his life, even offering him the objects that he had. The man ignored him and shot him (with what we can gather is a Socum weapon) through the head. The intrudor then left the dining hall corridor and escaped from the view of our security cameras. Other areas within shell 1 will be immmediately notified to the infiltrator's presence. This intuder is extremely dangerous and must be stopped at all costs.

I will pass on news of Daniel Modols death to his friends and family.
Sun 17/03/02 at 22:22
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Thanks for all your replies, I'm glad you liked it
Sun 17/03/02 at 22:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
This is just the type of thing the forum needs, something interesting.

Was a very good read.
Sun 17/03/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Touched!"
good read there, something different with a twist, well done :)
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Great story there Axel. It was a nice, calming description of the war time conditions and you have managed to pass the feelings of the soldier very well.

But the amount of replies you have got just proves my point once again-Long posts=uninteresting for many. And this is what is wrong with this forum right now. This is getting beyond a joke now and I cannot see an easy way out...

Oh sorry for grumbling in your topic mate ;)
Sun 17/03/02 at 21:44
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Thanks for your comments
Sat 16/03/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
good post, interesting.
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:20
Regular
good post, i enjoyed reading it and look forward to the next diary from a different guard :-)
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:14
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
From the notes of soldier Daniel Modol:

I was homesick already. I hated this place, consigned to patrol this strip of corridor day and night with few breaks. What is so important about this place anyway? I'm never told anything.

It was three days ago that I said my goodbyes to my wife and kids. It was tough to let them go. I told the kids I wouldn't be away long, knowing that it could be weeks or months before I could see them again. My wife knew that all too well. It was two months until I got home from my last assignment, to guard a lab facility in Texas. It went smoothly and I was told that further work would become available to me in the commanders next operation.

But I never knew it would be anything of this scale. I, as well as some other soldiers were airlifted to this facility situated in the sea just off New York. Reports of the operation carried out two years ago are hazy, with the press telling us that the fall of the tanker was something to do with an operative known as Snake - But some think that this is just a government cover up.

Anyway, it is not my part to be worried about such things, I am merely a guard. It is a dangerous job, as my wife repeatedly tells me, but it is the only work I can get. After I was kicked out of the Army, its the only thing I can do. Fighting is my passion, even if I do not get to see much of it nowadays.

On arriving at the facility, we were met with 50 or so other soldiers. We were there to back up the others who had arrived some days earlier. The uniform I recieved was similar to that of the one at the lab facility - I presumed that the same sort of chemical risks could occur in this operation. The AK-47 had also been a standard weapon in other assignments, although I had never had the chance to properly use it when on guard. After the briefing and equipment check, we were each given our tasks. I was told to patrol a corridor located near to strut C dining hall. I could not believe how small the patrol areas were. We had a much larger area to guard at the lab facility, although that was a smaller operation. This 'big shell' plant must be much more important than I first thought.

The days in this place are long. I cannot even get to sleep in the breaks I get in the night, which is why I am writing this account of my experiences, purely to pass the time away. I asked if I could phone my family but was refused. There is to be no communication with the outside whilst in the Big Shell facility, I was told.

The other patroller in the area, Noriyuki Katsumaru, told me of stange things occuring throughout the plant and sightings of unknown figures. He even thinks he saw a man disappear climbing up a vent in the wall. I just told him his mind must be playing tricks on him. Its what happens in this line of work, it becomes repetitive and mind-numbingly tedious - you start to invent things with your imagination.

My break is nearly over, I had better get back to my post with all these cameras watching me. Im sure I heard a crash a few minutes back, but Noriyuki has probably dealt with it.

From the report of Officer Michael Haynes:

It was at 2.35 3/5 when a guard alerted the area to the discovery of an incident in the strut C dining hall. On failing to contact anyone from the area, patrol guard Tetsuro Sueyoshi went there to find out the problem. On arriving he discovered the body of Daniel Modol, a patrol guard in the area. Alerting security in strut C, I was called to the scene immediately. Clearing squads found another soldier, Noriyuki Katsumaru underneath a table in the dining hall suffering from gun shot wounds to both legs.

He told of how he heard a disturbance on the other side of the hall. There he discovered a young male taking shots at bottles on tables in the dining hall. He could not give a detailed account of his description, but believes that he has long, Whitish hair and has a 'skin-tight' suit. The man then shot Katsumaru's radio and then both his legs. The man then exited the room and Katsumaru hid under a table. He watched through the open door as the man walked down the corridor towards the exit. There he was suprised to find another patrol guard (identified as Daniel Modol) entering the corridor. Security cameras show that Modol did not see the intruder as he began his patrol. The unidentifed man then held Modol up at gunpoint. Katsumaru recalls Modol pleading with the man for his life, even offering him the objects that he had. The man ignored him and shot him (with what we can gather is a Socum weapon) through the head. The intrudor then left the dining hall corridor and escaped from the view of our security cameras. Other areas within shell 1 will be immmediately notified to the infiltrator's presence. This intuder is extremely dangerous and must be stopped at all costs.

I will pass on news of Daniel Modols death to his friends and family.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.