GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saved Game Bug"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sun 10/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
My mates just phoned me up saying how he started up Vice City and his saved game is not there even though it is still listed on the actual memory card.

Now I've heard of this before somewhere on here and I was just wondering what the solution is to get the game back up and running as usual. The cards official and all that so don't blame it on that :-D

Oh and quick reply if possible, he wants to play soon.
Tue 12/11/02 at 15:02
"Uzi Lover"
I had some yesterday - damn.

What will this do to me?

Another little bug this game keeps giving me is crashes when the action gets too much and today the X button wasn't functioning properly. I had to slam it down real hard to get some speed.

No more GTA posts for me here now. :-)
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Are we all clear on this? - Stay away from Ice Cream!

:-D
Tue 12/11/02 at 13:03
Regular
The Ice Cream is bad for us anyway, so its probably a good thing that there are now plenty of reasons to stay away.
Sun 10/11/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Can't say i've noticed any probs myself, thanks for the tip on the ice cream place, dame, i'll be keep away for that for now!
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I read somewhere that if you buy the Ice Cream Factory too there is a Save Game Glitch. So, ill be keeping away from that as long as i dont need to buy it.
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I lost my entire bloody saved game for Burnout 2 a few weeks ago. I have no idea why I didn't use a cheat or anything, just turned it on one day and the save file was gone. I checked out all my saves and I think burnout 2 file was replaced by corrupted data. Not the first time this has happened, but I hope it's the last.
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:13
"Uzi Lover"
I think it was because he used a cheat and then saved the game. I read it on a FAQ on the internet and I've heard saving and cheating is bad. Cheating is bad by itself anyway.

So he's taking my card sometime and copying my file as we are on pretty much the same level.
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Had that once with Tony Hawk 3. I had just been to a friends with my card, so I had only just re-inserted in to the slot. I then turn the PS2 off, unplugged the card, plugged it back in. And it was fine, nothing deleted.
Sun 10/11/02 at 12:34
"Uzi Lover"
My mates just phoned me up saying how he started up Vice City and his saved game is not there even though it is still listed on the actual memory card.

Now I've heard of this before somewhere on here and I was just wondering what the solution is to get the game back up and running as usual. The cards official and all that so don't blame it on that :-D

Oh and quick reply if possible, he wants to play soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.