GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"great xbox games make up for bad look"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/03/02 at 14:19
Regular
At my school, i am surprised that not many people were pleased with the look of the xbox. They said it was too bulky and there wasn't a variety of colour to choose from, just the plain black. At first, i agreed with them because i accidently mistook the xbox for a vcr, but later i found out that it wasn't one.

If you go into electronics boutique, you can test out the xbox. This was when i started to like the thing. First i played Project Gotham Racing, and this really grabbed my attention. You drive greatly modelled cars (but not ant cars from batman) around authentic looking cities. It is greatly addictive, and really shows one of the the finest examples of exactly what xbox can do.

I just had to play more games to make sure i wasn't dreaming. I played two more games; namely Halo and oddworld. Halo is probably the most eagerly awaited game on the xbox. It combines the aspects of blasting your enemies to smithereens with an extremely intelligent narrative. This futuristic game is bound to be a huge seller. Oddworld is a beautifully designed puzzle game, and in my opinion, shows the finest example of the xbox's graphics.

I can honestly say that i can now go and laugh in my friends faces. I still think the xbox could have been a bit more compact, but with such quality games you will hardly be able to tell. I am definitely going to be an owner of this fabulous game, and with the battle of the three consoles; PS2, GameCube and xbox, x seems to mark the spot. I hugely recommend this console to everyone out there, you really can not go wrong with Microsoft!
Sun 17/03/02 at 15:59
um,i accidently put this in the wrong forum people. Sorry!
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Amped is ok!

But it doesn't have the replayablity that 1080 has cos it doesn't have any racing in it!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR 1080 2 on Gamecube!

:D
Sun 17/03/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Back in black"
What!? good games on the X Box? Were?
Sun 17/03/02 at 11:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Cos some people might not have enough space to put a HUGE X-Box!

:)
Sun 17/03/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But that IS what's happeneing with the GameCube and it's games!

Almost everyone I know is just looking at the Cube and saying it 'purple makes it look poofy!', and 'it's small for 5 year olds' hands!'.
And they look at games like Zelda and say 'cartoons are for kids!', and 'Mario is gay!'

I tell them to shove it and go and play on these games first, then come back and say EXACTLY the same!
But they just go and play their PS2's like the 'incredibley cool' people they are!
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
It's pretty sad that people would even give the look of a console as a reason for not buying it.

Sonic
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
GasMask wrote:
> Yeah, and *Cough* Nintendo Forum *Cough*

I was gonna comment on that, but didn't want to sound rude!

But what is it with people comming into the Nintendo forum trying to advertise the X-Box!?!

Go to the X-Box forum and try n put some life into that!

Sat 16/03/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah, and *Cough* Nintendo Forum *Cough*
Sat 16/03/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer but you ain't played a Gamecube yet I take it?

Just wait till you play Wave Race Blue Storm, Rogue Leader, and Super Smash Brothers! I've played em, and oooooo......!

Sat 16/03/02 at 14:19
At my school, i am surprised that not many people were pleased with the look of the xbox. They said it was too bulky and there wasn't a variety of colour to choose from, just the plain black. At first, i agreed with them because i accidently mistook the xbox for a vcr, but later i found out that it wasn't one.

If you go into electronics boutique, you can test out the xbox. This was when i started to like the thing. First i played Project Gotham Racing, and this really grabbed my attention. You drive greatly modelled cars (but not ant cars from batman) around authentic looking cities. It is greatly addictive, and really shows one of the the finest examples of exactly what xbox can do.

I just had to play more games to make sure i wasn't dreaming. I played two more games; namely Halo and oddworld. Halo is probably the most eagerly awaited game on the xbox. It combines the aspects of blasting your enemies to smithereens with an extremely intelligent narrative. This futuristic game is bound to be a huge seller. Oddworld is a beautifully designed puzzle game, and in my opinion, shows the finest example of the xbox's graphics.

I can honestly say that i can now go and laugh in my friends faces. I still think the xbox could have been a bit more compact, but with such quality games you will hardly be able to tell. I am definitely going to be an owner of this fabulous game, and with the battle of the three consoles; PS2, GameCube and xbox, x seems to mark the spot. I hugely recommend this console to everyone out there, you really can not go wrong with Microsoft!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.