GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sheer Brilliance....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
Nintendo, in their infinite wisdom, have added another prize to the Star Catalogue on the VIP 24:7 site.

You know how they were offering the Wavebird yeah ? And how, if the Wavebird ran out there would be other prizes you could use your stars for ?

Well, 6500 = GBA Platinum handheld console. Anyone know how you can get 6500 stars ?

Me neither...

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 11/11/02 at 20:00
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I've already got a platinum GBA :P
Mon 11/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
"One More Chance"
I have bought a few games with out the blooming PINs in. Really whizzes me off.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It would take 15/16 games to get 6500 stars - are there even that many games that have PINs out at the moment?

I think they might remove it at any time, you know. Just when people get loads of stars they remove it, and then you have to spend them all on crappy wallpapers etc.
Mon 11/11/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, it did get a hell of a lot of people talking about Nintendo. These 'free' gifts seem to be a damn good marketing tool...
Mon 11/11/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Touched!"
Its going to take a while to get the wavebird, but getting 6500 stars is certainly going to take a while, although it is very generous of nintendo to give away Free Wavebird's and GBA's!
Mon 11/11/02 at 12:30
"Uzi Lover"
I say : I hate Nintendo for this.

SIlver is my favourite colour and looks damn sexy in anything. They have got a platium GC coming out in the U.S and now they are bringing out the platinum GBA.

Why couldn't they just release them at the start so I didn't have to buy Purple goddammit!
Mon 11/11/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Remember me?"
I really don't see why everyone is getting so excited about this.

A Platinum GBA would cost around £75-80 (I'm guessing), but imagine the amount of money you'd need to spend on games to get the number of stars needed to claim the GBA. And I think any games retailers will get a tiny bit suspicious of the same person buying loads of games and returning them.
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:50
Regular
Hmm, if a group of people decided to pool their VIP cards it probably wouldn't be *that* difficult. Unfortunately, i expect everyone inadvertantly registered their stuff as they got it, and now can't.

On another note, at 5 points a day, if you'd known there would be good stuff and logged in each day since, say, the cube's launch back in may you'd have racked up a fair few points by now. Not enough for anything, but a good piece of a wavebird.
5 stars per day that you log in at least once.
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
*sighs dramatically*

We knew this on Saturday, 'cos I did a topic taking the mickey out of 1/2 Pint regarding his obsession with getting as many stars as he could, lol.
Mon 11/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Nintendo, in their infinite wisdom, have added another prize to the Star Catalogue on the VIP 24:7 site.

You know how they were offering the Wavebird yeah ? And how, if the Wavebird ran out there would be other prizes you could use your stars for ?

Well, 6500 = GBA Platinum handheld console. Anyone know how you can get 6500 stars ?

Me neither...

~~Belldandy~~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.