GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uni muppets and natural highs?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
Argh.

I had to see my personal tutor today, the uni wanted everyone to, so as to talk about recent exam results and (more importantly?) shove a questionaire under our noses fully of leading questions the results of which they could use to floss to the public about how great they were.

Partly because i was just in a good mood, partly because my exam results hadn't been as bad i'd expected and partly in bemeausment at seeing how the university had pretended like it cared about discussing our individual progress so as to get some survey results out of everyone,
i was smiling as i sat there talking about the exams and mindlessly filling in survey boxes.
Unfortunately, my personal tutor couldn't seem to grasp this whole smile thing. Instead of ignoring my expression as largely unimportant, the muppet asked me if i was on drugs! Seriously.
The thing is, this amuses me on one level, and just made me smile even more, trying not to laugh.

Four times in total i was accused of being on drugs. Just because i was smiling. What the heck is that about?
I took offense at it, especially because i (honestly) denied it outright, but the ridiculousness of it was so funny.
The fourth time she told me she thought i was on drugs, after i again denied it, she asked if i was on any medication. I ended up playing up the fact that i had some stuff from the doctor (even though it was only antibiotics which i'd stopped taking days ago - but i kept vague) so she could maybe create her fictional world where i was wondering around in a drug-induced high for medical, not personal, reasons, seing as in that special world only she lives in, i apparantly was going to be high most of the time for some reason.
Even then, she told me outright one more time, 'well i still think you're on drugs' before i left.

I may have made a conscious effort to get out of earshot before i laughed out loud after leaving her office, but now that i thing about it, i'm really not happy for this woman, who'll eventually have to write an important reference for me, believing me to be a doped out muppet. Just because i occasionally manage to find a little happiness as i sit in her dismal little office.

But what do i do about it?
And what if she wants me to get her a supplier?
: D
Sat 16/03/02 at 11:49
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Bad luck mate!

Tutors can be wierd at times. That's why I never went to see my personal tutor this year like I was surpose to. Cos my PT was one of my lectures n tutors anyways, and he's this wierd french guy that I'd rather just stay away from as much as possible. Plus you can't even understand half of what he says anyways!

:)
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:47
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
I thought you did that stuff in college, you know that's the time and place for everything right?

;0)

Technically they should be the ones with the insane grins across their faces with the amount of coffee these people drink.

As for the reference, you should get a good one.

Dr. Duck

Puts a brave face on for every occasion

Plus she dosn't want to get on the bad side of someone who does/deals drugs now does she, or you'll do a 911 in her a**, ya'll

Or something

:0)
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:27
Regular
Argh.

I had to see my personal tutor today, the uni wanted everyone to, so as to talk about recent exam results and (more importantly?) shove a questionaire under our noses fully of leading questions the results of which they could use to floss to the public about how great they were.

Partly because i was just in a good mood, partly because my exam results hadn't been as bad i'd expected and partly in bemeausment at seeing how the university had pretended like it cared about discussing our individual progress so as to get some survey results out of everyone,
i was smiling as i sat there talking about the exams and mindlessly filling in survey boxes.
Unfortunately, my personal tutor couldn't seem to grasp this whole smile thing. Instead of ignoring my expression as largely unimportant, the muppet asked me if i was on drugs! Seriously.
The thing is, this amuses me on one level, and just made me smile even more, trying not to laugh.

Four times in total i was accused of being on drugs. Just because i was smiling. What the heck is that about?
I took offense at it, especially because i (honestly) denied it outright, but the ridiculousness of it was so funny.
The fourth time she told me she thought i was on drugs, after i again denied it, she asked if i was on any medication. I ended up playing up the fact that i had some stuff from the doctor (even though it was only antibiotics which i'd stopped taking days ago - but i kept vague) so she could maybe create her fictional world where i was wondering around in a drug-induced high for medical, not personal, reasons, seing as in that special world only she lives in, i apparantly was going to be high most of the time for some reason.
Even then, she told me outright one more time, 'well i still think you're on drugs' before i left.

I may have made a conscious effort to get out of earshot before i laughed out loud after leaving her office, but now that i thing about it, i'm really not happy for this woman, who'll eventually have to write an important reference for me, believing me to be a doped out muppet. Just because i occasionally manage to find a little happiness as i sit in her dismal little office.

But what do i do about it?
And what if she wants me to get her a supplier?
: D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.