GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Deprived Urrrggghhh!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 23:17
Regular
Just a quick hello to anyone who remembers me, it did at first seem like a good idea to marry an American when I left University...but unfortunately that means that Im now living in America.

Unfortunately theres no club of Special Reserves Caliber here in the US, fortunately I can still come back to post here now and again although the 5hr time difference is a pain.

Yes life has been hard since I left the UK in October, first me and my misses had to get a car (second hand of course), then an apartment ...then all the furniture for it (because rented apartments dont come with furniture in the US. Anyway that cost a mint and I didnt even have a job yet..wooops.

To cut a long story short I now have a job, although Americans are insanely hard workers, man I miss those long tea breaks you can only get in England.

Oh and the tabloids I miss them too, so full of Garbage, but quality Garbage. The American media is just appauling, they think G W Bush is some kind of genius if the British media sucked up to Blair that much Ild think Rupert Murdoch was his best drinking buddy!

This explains why Americans are so stupid, When Girl Scounts Selling Brownies takes headline priority over pressing issues such as Zimbabwe you know that the American view of the world is severely warped.
The worst thing however is the fact that I had to leave my Amiga, Snes, Megadrive, N64, Playstation and Saturn in the UK. Man I miss those systems..anyway its not all doom and gloom now that Im settling into my job I finally got some PC games nothing major just Unreal Tournament, and its sweet and even runs fast on my HP XE839 PC (What Hewlett Packard was thinking when they decided not to put a AGP slot in this machine is beyond me!).

Anyway life is hard, but gaming will live on! Im glad that you guys have finally got the Xbox, in some ways its best to get the console last after all the problems with the Japanese machines scratching some users Discs to death! Ild like to thank Special Reserve for sending me the game I claimed ages ago (like October or something), namely Sonic Advance. Thats what I call great customer service. It would have been easy to forget that win, all that time ago but you came through!

Thanks SR,

New Jimmy :-?

Tempoarily deprived of gaming.. but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
Sat 16/03/02 at 20:21
Yes the very same Jimmy, New Jimmy, Old Jimmy.

Driver 2 what a game, absolutely superb a pitty the last level was so easy (the one before last is quite hard though).

I cant wait for Driver 3, that will be great.
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:32
Regular
Are you the same Jimmy I taled to about Driver 2? Or am i Thinking of some other Jimmy?
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:28
Im in Raleigh North Carolina right now, I did cut down my number of posts before I left as I had a dissertation to write. However my Uni days as a student are over, Im now working as a Lab Technician for North Carolina State University.
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:21
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
I thought you just left to concentrate on UNI work, didn't know you were in UNI in America.

What you doing exactly?

Nice to hear you can play some games.

:0)
Fri 15/03/02 at 23:17
Just a quick hello to anyone who remembers me, it did at first seem like a good idea to marry an American when I left University...but unfortunately that means that Im now living in America.

Unfortunately theres no club of Special Reserves Caliber here in the US, fortunately I can still come back to post here now and again although the 5hr time difference is a pain.

Yes life has been hard since I left the UK in October, first me and my misses had to get a car (second hand of course), then an apartment ...then all the furniture for it (because rented apartments dont come with furniture in the US. Anyway that cost a mint and I didnt even have a job yet..wooops.

To cut a long story short I now have a job, although Americans are insanely hard workers, man I miss those long tea breaks you can only get in England.

Oh and the tabloids I miss them too, so full of Garbage, but quality Garbage. The American media is just appauling, they think G W Bush is some kind of genius if the British media sucked up to Blair that much Ild think Rupert Murdoch was his best drinking buddy!

This explains why Americans are so stupid, When Girl Scounts Selling Brownies takes headline priority over pressing issues such as Zimbabwe you know that the American view of the world is severely warped.
The worst thing however is the fact that I had to leave my Amiga, Snes, Megadrive, N64, Playstation and Saturn in the UK. Man I miss those systems..anyway its not all doom and gloom now that Im settling into my job I finally got some PC games nothing major just Unreal Tournament, and its sweet and even runs fast on my HP XE839 PC (What Hewlett Packard was thinking when they decided not to put a AGP slot in this machine is beyond me!).

Anyway life is hard, but gaming will live on! Im glad that you guys have finally got the Xbox, in some ways its best to get the console last after all the problems with the Japanese machines scratching some users Discs to death! Ild like to thank Special Reserve for sending me the game I claimed ages ago (like October or something), namely Sonic Advance. Thats what I call great customer service. It would have been easy to forget that win, all that time ago but you came through!

Thanks SR,

New Jimmy :-?

Tempoarily deprived of gaming.. but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.