GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ceefax Sucks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 17:49
Regular
Does anyone check out Gamestation on ceefax. It is so bad. They update it like every 2 weeks and they hate the Gamecube. For example they put that Rachet and Clank is better than Mario? Hello, Wake up. The one on Channel 4 is much better. ceefax page 535. Ban it!
Fri 15/11/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Digitiser is great but not as good as it used to be when it was daily. Hopefully it will be as good as good as it used to be when it's moved to p175. Does anyone know what a reversible sedgewick is? And does anyone know it's website?
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> There are no crap games, only blinkered gamers.
Ever played Universal studios??
Thu 14/11/02 at 21:02
Regular
Look, that's just one guy's opinion. They're both great games, but you shouldn't be put off by a teletext review - the vast amount of critics say Mario Sunshine is the best platformer out - and rightly so. Hell, no-one reads digitiser or gamestation anyway.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:43
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> maddmun wrote:
> neither is better than the other
>
> I'm not trying to say that either is better than the other - just that
> so many people have this misguided opinion that "it can't be
> better than Mario".

I was trying to tell everyone else, you're the only ione who understands.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:36
"High polygon count"
maddmun wrote:
> neither is better than the other

I'm not trying to say that either is better than the other - just that so many people have this misguided opinion that "it can't be better than Mario".

All I'm saying is - why not?

There are many great games on all formats, but it doesn't mean that they can't be bettered.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:36
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> I haven't really seen much on this Rachet and Clank game. Although
> I've heard it has loads of weapons and items and stuff, aswell as good
> graphics. And nothing-much-else.

It's got more than most platformers offer! I don't know where you heard that, but as far as I know, most reviews think it's an excellent game!

Let's put it this way...

If Ratchet & Clank were available on Gamecube in exactly the same form, but the main character Ratchet had been replaced by Mario, all of the die-hard Ninty's would be saying what an amazing game it is, and that it was "possibly the best Mario game ever". I can practically guarantee it.

And yes, the Sony fanboys would be telling the Ninty's how stupid and childlike it is.

The way things are, though, the Ninty's won't accept it because it's on PS2, and the Sonyphiles are having to swallow their pride and think up reasons why Ratchet & Clank isn't as childish as Mario.

There are no crap games, only blinkered gamers.
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:58
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Why is it with some of you people that a game can never be better than
> Mario? Is it because it doesn't have Mario in it?
>
> No doubt you think Digitiser is better because they think the same as
> you? If it was the other way around, you'd be saying that Digitiser
> suck!
>
> The Ceefax review isn't the only one I've read that says Mario
> Sunshine isn't what it could have been. They don't say that Sunshine
> is a bad game at all, they just say that Ratchet & Clank is more
> fun.
>
> So what's wrong with that? Is it because it doesn't have Mario in it?
> Is it because it's on PS2 and not Gamecube? Or is it because you're
> a bunch of small-minded idiots who can't bear to think that - just
> possibly - there may be a platformer better than a Mario game?
>
> Nintendo could make the worst platform game in the world, but if they
> stuck Mario in it as the main character, you'd buy it and call it the
> best thing since sliced bread.
>
> At the end of the day, what does it matter what Ceefax think? You
> have Mario, and you're happy with it. PS2 owners have R&C, and
> they're happy with that. As they should be - it's a damn fine game.
>
> Have you even actually tried it? You might be surprised. Ah, who am
> I kidding - you wouldn't admit to liking it, even if you did.

I'm one of the biggest Ninty fanboys to ever walk the Earth. Yet I say that although Ratchet and Clank is a superb game, it can't be compared to Mario.
Mario is an excellent game, 10/10, R&C is an excellent game 10/10, neither is better than the other. They may both be platformers, but they are completely different types of them, in fact, I almost wish that R&C would come to the GC....
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The way I see it, that game's different to Mario - in the sense that Conker's Bad Fur Day was different to Mario 64.

I don't normally look-up news on the Teletext pages unless it's Football on the BBC's Ceefax. I prefer to use the net, and magazines.

But in that review that Gibbon bloke did call Jak and Daxter something like a brilliant game... I've seen this game in action, and it does look pretty simple and too repetitive. But it does remind me of Banjo Kazzooie too... I can't say that much though as I haven't played it.

I haven't really seen much on this Rachet and Clank game. Although I've heard it has loads of weapons and items and stuff, aswell as good graphics. And nothing-much-else.

Even if it is better than Mario or not, I fail to see many PS2 fans taking to it like they did with GTA and Vice City.
Platformers just aren't "grown-up" enough for the majority of them.

It may be better than SunShine, possibly...
But it'll never be better than Mario Bros. 3, Mario World, or Mario 64.
So it can't be better than Mario in genral! NO WAY!!
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:16
"High polygon count"
cookie monster wrote:
> Thats why i think it sucks, not because im some biased fanboy.

It wasn't aimed at you, but at the original post, and also I did say "some of you"!

I never even look at the games pages on Teletext because they're all a load of crap. But this post sounds like some heinous act has been committed just because someone dared suggest that a game might actually be better than a Mario title!

And to think people have the nerve to complain about Top Score!
Tue 12/11/02 at 22:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Actually Wookie gamestation sucks because David Gibbon talks a load of pants. Have you read some of his reviews and answers to gamers questions? Its like he knows nothing. Thats why i think it sucks, not because im some biased fanboy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.