GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need help?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
Now im nt going to brag about mgs2 because i was very dissapounted when i completed it in a day. For those of you that are stuck on a boss i will try to help you on your way to completion of the game.

Fatman: lay claymores around the edgaes of the platform because this is where Fatman will usually skate off to after weaving inbetween the piles of boxes. If you dont have any claymores try to hide from Fatman until he gets out of breath and stops to take a breather, once he is resting, kreep up behind him and use the laser sighting to aim at his head. You can also chuck a stun granade at him when he is resting, he will be knocked to the floor and will be a sitting duck for you to kick his but.

Fortune: There is only one thing you can do when facing Fortune and that is run and dodge her unrealisticly big gun. This is because she is set on a timer. Put up with that bullet dodgeing freak for a certain amount of time and you will be allowed to continue on your way to complete the game.

Harrier: The only tip i can really give you to defeat that multi-million dollar plane is to watch where the harrier flies of to. You should be able to see a little spec of black in the distance. Aim your stinger at this dot until a red box surrounds it. When you ee the red box pull the trigger and release a pile of explosives into the front of the harrier. Unfortunately this is the only tip i can give, hopefully there will be more tips to defeat the harrier in peoples posts.

Vamp: Now this is a very simple boss to kill. You could use eather the M4 or the AK-47 and fill his afterlife bodie full of led or simply chuck a couple of stun grenades into the water when he is in it and he will die in a couple of seconds.

Vamp(the second seeing): This is surely the easiest part of the game. Rather than using two of your powerfull PSG1 bullets you could use the tranquiliser sniper and use only one bullet.

Metal Gear Rays: This is another hard boss. My only tip would be is to use your stinger and shoot one of the rays in the knee, once the ray is kneelt down shoot it in the head. This system takes away more damage than to just keep shooting the rays in the head. Another tip is to stay on the run. When a ray shoots the missiles out of their head run for a while and then kick their butts.

Solidus: This guy has a rediculous amount of health. Luckily, you only have to get it half way down to kill Solidus if you follow my instructions. Now there will be a couple of rations around the place, make sure you keep stocking up on these if you want to survive. My tip is to keep Solidus at the edge of the platform. Firstly get them mechancal arms of of him and get him to use his swords. Once you have done this, time your attacks and then swing at him with your sword. If you keep Solidus at the edge of the pkatform and keep attacking him with enough force he should lose his ballance, fall off of the edge and land next to George Washingtons statue.

well, thats the end of my hints post. I hope it helps you and i hope the posts flood in. Thanks alot, Shalashaka.
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Now im nt going to brag about mgs2 because i was very dissapounted when i completed it in a day. For those of you that are stuck on a boss i will try to help you on your way to completion of the game.

Fatman: lay claymores around the edgaes of the platform because this is where Fatman will usually skate off to after weaving inbetween the piles of boxes. If you dont have any claymores try to hide from Fatman until he gets out of breath and stops to take a breather, once he is resting, kreep up behind him and use the laser sighting to aim at his head. You can also chuck a stun granade at him when he is resting, he will be knocked to the floor and will be a sitting duck for you to kick his but.

Fortune: There is only one thing you can do when facing Fortune and that is run and dodge her unrealisticly big gun. This is because she is set on a timer. Put up with that bullet dodgeing freak for a certain amount of time and you will be allowed to continue on your way to complete the game.

Harrier: The only tip i can really give you to defeat that multi-million dollar plane is to watch where the harrier flies of to. You should be able to see a little spec of black in the distance. Aim your stinger at this dot until a red box surrounds it. When you ee the red box pull the trigger and release a pile of explosives into the front of the harrier. Unfortunately this is the only tip i can give, hopefully there will be more tips to defeat the harrier in peoples posts.

Vamp: Now this is a very simple boss to kill. You could use eather the M4 or the AK-47 and fill his afterlife bodie full of led or simply chuck a couple of stun grenades into the water when he is in it and he will die in a couple of seconds.

Vamp(the second seeing): This is surely the easiest part of the game. Rather than using two of your powerfull PSG1 bullets you could use the tranquiliser sniper and use only one bullet.

Metal Gear Rays: This is another hard boss. My only tip would be is to use your stinger and shoot one of the rays in the knee, once the ray is kneelt down shoot it in the head. This system takes away more damage than to just keep shooting the rays in the head. Another tip is to stay on the run. When a ray shoots the missiles out of their head run for a while and then kick their butts.

Solidus: This guy has a rediculous amount of health. Luckily, you only have to get it half way down to kill Solidus if you follow my instructions. Now there will be a couple of rations around the place, make sure you keep stocking up on these if you want to survive. My tip is to keep Solidus at the edge of the platform. Firstly get them mechancal arms of of him and get him to use his swords. Once you have done this, time your attacks and then swing at him with your sword. If you keep Solidus at the edge of the pkatform and keep attacking him with enough force he should lose his ballance, fall off of the edge and land next to George Washingtons statue.

well, thats the end of my hints post. I hope it helps you and i hope the posts flood in. Thanks alot, Shalashaka.
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Havent you posted this once already?
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
im getting a touch of de ja vue..
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:45
Regular
A post aiming to improves ones word count? :D
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:54
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
i just wanted a few more posts the 7. I thought people would be more grateful than that.
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:57
Regular
In that case you should have just 'poped' the first thread. And most people prefer to finish the game on there own, and may not want help thus not replying here.

Just a thought.
Sat 16/03/02 at 01:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Questions:

Where's the 4th Easter Island statue? I found the one in the computer room, the one in the Strut, and the one with the Nikita missile outside the president's room, that fourth one eludes me though.

How many dog tags do I need for the stealth suit?

Where are the dog tags in Hold 3 Tanker Level on Hard mode?

Just before Snake gets to Hold 1, there's that fire-fight section outside with 5 or 6 guards shooting at you and throwing grenades. How do you get past them without killing them?
Sat 16/03/02 at 09:14
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
About the dog tags. You need 60 for the bandana (unlimited ammo) and 90 for stealth (invisibility). The dog tags that you are missing maybe off of the assault team. the only way to get the dog tag off of them is to shoot them on the leg and then aim at their head.
Sat 16/03/02 at 09:19
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
the 4th easter island statue is on the thing in the middle of the sediment pool:strut E. hope this helps
Sat 16/03/02 at 09:20
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
wot do u get once you have got all of the statues?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.