GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft scupper Sony!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 12:50
Regular
I'm just a poor monkey, I don't usually get involved in all this console wars malarkey. But I couldn't help noticing the amount of negative posts for the Xbox. The only thing people faulted it for was it's size. So what? The size of the case reflects the fact that it is the most powerful console known to man. And what have Microfost gone and done? Only bought every game that made the PS2 worth buying. Well done Microsoft, just make your console a little cheaper next time.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm just a poor monkey, I don't usually get involved in all this console wars malarkey. But I couldn't help noticing the amount of negative posts for the Xbox. The only thing people faulted it for was it's size. So what? The size of the case reflects the fact that it is the most powerful console known to man. And what have Microfost gone and done? Only bought every game that made the PS2 worth buying. Well done Microsoft, just make your console a little cheaper next time.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:52
Regular
"I confused?"
well said sir.
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
What? So all the 'bad' comments came from PS2 owners? What about any Nintendo fans, there all X-box lovers too are they?
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But the gamecube hasn't been released yet, has it?
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:30
Regular
True, but that hasnt stopped some of the Nintendo fans slating the X-box or PS2 for that matter.
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The three console superpowers:
Cube - Tiny
PS2 - Not so tiny, more monolithic
Xbox - Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggeeeeeeee

Xbox gets caned because it is the Rick Waller of gaming. Big and chunky, but more talented.
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:35
Regular
Thats not my point though, it seems that most X-box owners only see negative comments towards it coming from Sony people, when in fact all 3 consoles are slated by the other two, regardless of the GC being not out yet.
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well Said Pro Evo,

I have mates who are ninty fanatics and they are always cursing the x-box more than anyone I know with PS 2.

The fact is that many x-box fans find the PS 2 as a threat and vice versa simply because the GC is not out yet.

I see that x-box is investing in a lot of the PS 2 games, which really makes it "unique" doesn't it? Hopefully Sony get some of X-Box's decent games, which would then make things even.
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Xbox- bad points
Big
Ugly
Bad Controller
Microsoft
few decent games
EXPENSIVE
only aimed at adult adiances

Gamecube- Bad points
uhhh
not as powerful on paper as xbox
small??
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Xbox- good points

own hard drive
HALO
HALO
HALO
HALO
HALO

GC- good point

small
portable
fits under tv
SSBM
Rare

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.