GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft scupper Sony!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 12:50
Regular
I'm just a poor monkey, I don't usually get involved in all this console wars malarkey. But I couldn't help noticing the amount of negative posts for the Xbox. The only thing people faulted it for was it's size. So what? The size of the case reflects the fact that it is the most powerful console known to man. And what have Microfost gone and done? Only bought every game that made the PS2 worth buying. Well done Microsoft, just make your console a little cheaper next time.
Fri 15/03/02 at 21:01
Regular
Ant wrote:

I think that's proved my argument, especially since the X-Box has
> around 2-3 games worth buying, and the GC doesn't even come out for 2 months,
> and even then has a poor selection of launch titles:

hmmm, better than PS2's launch titles anyway, we've got a choice of 20, and more only days later!
Fri 15/03/02 at 20:13
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agent Cool wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> Agent Cool wrote:
> How can any PS2 lover say that Xbox has
> crap games? PS2
> isn't exactly flooded
> with them is
> it?

*snorts*

Well actually, you
> couldn't be more wrong.

Yeah
> you're right. It's far less than flooded. It's dried up.

MGS2, Devil May Cry, Max Payne, Soul Reaver 2, Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Airblade, Time Crisis 2, Crazy Taxi, Red Faction, Star Wars: Starfighter, Star Wars Racer Revenge, Code Veronica, Zone Of The Enders, Pro Evolution Soccer, TIF 2002, SSX, SSX Tricky, Agent Under Fire, Unreal Tournament, Jak and Daxter, Half Life and still to come: Final Fantasy 10 and 11, Soul Caliber, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Tekken 4, Deus Ex and many more.

I think that's proved my argument, especially since the X-Box has around 2-3 games worth buying, and the GC doesn't even come out for 2 months, and even then has a poor selection of launch titles.
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Ant wrote:
> Agent Cool wrote:
> How can any PS2 lover say that Xbox has crap games? PS2
> isn't exactly flooded
> with them is it?

*snorts*

Well actually, you
> couldn't be more wrong.

Yeah you're right. It's far less than flooded. It's dried up.
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What's HALO about then?
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:02
"Uzi Lover"
On a better note, I agree with your post. I think the Xbox WILL do well and HAS the power to do well.

Now we just have to wait and see and stop arguing about the size of it and which console is better.

Again it's all about opinions.

Thats all I have to say on this console war lark until a valid arguement comes up, which is worth debating.

Peace.
Fri 15/03/02 at 19:00
"Uzi Lover"
Don't they say - the bigger the better?

Hur Hur Hur

dammit I'm turning gay...
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agent Cool wrote:
> How can any PS2 lover say that Xbox has crap games? PS2 isn't exactly flooded
> with them is it?

*snorts*

Well actually, you couldn't be more wrong.
Fri 15/03/02 at 17:00
Regular
X-box

Good Cop: Decent graphics, powerful console, new competitor in the field.

Bad Cop: Cardboard logo in middle looks tacky, the controller is terribly designed, only a few decent titles released, only a small amount of exclusivity, occasionally crashes, big and bulky design, have to pay extra for DVD.

GameCube

Good Cop: Plenty of decent games due for the consoles release, good exclusivity, small, no DVD, Bloody good controller, connectable to a portable handheld console, Decent graphics.

Bad Cop: Hiroshi Yamauchi (due for retirement in June), many PS2 ports arriving on GameCube, portable (easily stolen if you're stupid enough to carry it by it's handle outdoors), Some bias gamers consider Nintendo to make "kiddie" games.
Fri 15/03/02 at 15:12
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
How can any PS2 lover say that Xbox has crap games? PS2 isn't exactly flooded with them is it?
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:52
Regular
"DS..."
great, thats 2 likeminded people, keep em coming...
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.