GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Taking mutliplayer Global"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/07 at 15:37
Regular
"Hello?"
My first venture into online games was Battlefield, this game really made me love the endless possibilities that the game offered. Every single match that I played online was never the same. I'd hate to think of the number of times I came away from a match slightly shell-shocked. The sheer desire to play a different game every time kept me hooked. To me having the online multiplayer games extends there life immensely! I can only praise how far gaming has come over the years. It was great back in the early 90's when games consoles were really starting to become an item everyone had in there homes. It was so exciting to play against family and friends and the option of multiplayer was really limited. Just think of how far it has come. I walked past a house the other day and a father and son were playing boxing on the wii, it was quite amusing. This level of interaction in video games has really made me love the work of the gaming industry.

Since then the world of online gaming on consoles has really taken off. It makes that £40 or £50 game you spend you hard earned cash buying seem really worth it. The playstation 2 was the real turning point when it came to playing against people from all over the world. The fact that you could play against people in USA from the comfort of you living room was mind blowing. I think we take it for granted how far the video game consoles have come over the past few years. The price of the consoles seems to be an issue with some people. The next gen consoles are beautiful pieces of machinery. If you put a PS3 next to a megadrive, the differences in gaming ability and capabilities are absolutely astonishing.

I respect everyone who has been involved with taking online gaming for games consoles to the level it is at now. I think there is a lot of credit due there where it seems to have been missed. We're always getting uptight about waiting for releases to come out and how many people even both to see who created the game or any thanks to the developers. I can only dream of what there is to come in the way of how much more realistic games can be made. I look forward to seeing the changes in the next 20 years...
Tue 13/11/07 at 11:11
"possibly impossible"
Great. Started playing last night. Yet to play it online though, can't wait to try it out.

Halo 3 is fantastic online with a bunch of friends, so I imagine COD4 is just as good. Warhawk on PS3 is a pretty stunning online game too, great fun.

Something I really want to be online is a sequel to Just Cause. With all those weapons and, more importantly, vehicles at your disposal you could have great fun in a multiplayer deathmatch.

Should really try PGR4 online as well.
Mon 12/11/07 at 22:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Never played one of my games online in my life...

Played the last CoD at a friends... found it extremely boring after half hour... What's the new one like?
Mon 12/11/07 at 22:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Xbox live has dwn moments, but stands a little better than the PS3 version. But yes, online gaming is a social experience for gamers, many of which are assumed to be antisocial.

It even has my mate coming round to play online with me.

Good piece - still need to play COD 4 online actually - playing it now, but stuck on veteran. Nearly there apparently from my wimpy mates playing on regular!
Mon 12/11/07 at 18:12
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Yeah, I was so happy when I saw I could play C&C Renegade online.
It's brilliant.
Mon 12/11/07 at 16:50
Regular
"Hello?"
Many thanks,
Yes or the servers will get too crammed as i have found out yesterday. Couldn't get onto COD4 online on the PS3 at all yesterday. Rather annoying!
Mon 12/11/07 at 16:30
"possibly impossible"
That's a very good piece.

Would be even better in the Games forum!

But, yes, Online has really changed the state of gaming and it really does extend the life of a game by so much.

Previously, the only games you tended to keep were the arcadey ones that had replay value beyond a storyline, but with multiplayer on modern FPS games and other genres where you'd normally trade the game in after completing it, the game has a new and extended lease of life.

Well, until EA decide to shut down their servers again once the game gets 'old'...
Fri 09/11/07 at 15:37
Regular
"Hello?"
My first venture into online games was Battlefield, this game really made me love the endless possibilities that the game offered. Every single match that I played online was never the same. I'd hate to think of the number of times I came away from a match slightly shell-shocked. The sheer desire to play a different game every time kept me hooked. To me having the online multiplayer games extends there life immensely! I can only praise how far gaming has come over the years. It was great back in the early 90's when games consoles were really starting to become an item everyone had in there homes. It was so exciting to play against family and friends and the option of multiplayer was really limited. Just think of how far it has come. I walked past a house the other day and a father and son were playing boxing on the wii, it was quite amusing. This level of interaction in video games has really made me love the work of the gaming industry.

Since then the world of online gaming on consoles has really taken off. It makes that £40 or £50 game you spend you hard earned cash buying seem really worth it. The playstation 2 was the real turning point when it came to playing against people from all over the world. The fact that you could play against people in USA from the comfort of you living room was mind blowing. I think we take it for granted how far the video game consoles have come over the past few years. The price of the consoles seems to be an issue with some people. The next gen consoles are beautiful pieces of machinery. If you put a PS3 next to a megadrive, the differences in gaming ability and capabilities are absolutely astonishing.

I respect everyone who has been involved with taking online gaming for games consoles to the level it is at now. I think there is a lot of credit due there where it seems to have been missed. We're always getting uptight about waiting for releases to come out and how many people even both to see who created the game or any thanks to the developers. I can only dream of what there is to come in the way of how much more realistic games can be made. I look forward to seeing the changes in the next 20 years...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.