GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twitter Feed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/08/13 at 11:32
Regular
Does anyone know when Freeola (instant pro) websites will allow the twitter button with live feed.

The code Twitter provide does not work on instant pro?

Thanks.
Thu 15/08/13 at 18:42
"Are you sure?"
Hi Ridley,
No problem. Your site all looks clean now you've removed the code.

Don't give up though :¬)

Eccles has confirmed that it's now compatible so I'm sure Freeola will help you out.

I see Freeola's demo site I linked to earlier now displays Tweets. Well the left hand feed does - the right hand Twitter search is still blank?! I'm seeing errors on the page so I guess they are still working on things.

Keep a look out here for developments :¬)

EDIT: I've only had a really quick look as I'm supposed to be doing something else(!) but reading this it looks like Twitter might only work with InstantPro Skyscrapers!?

EDIT2: As you can see by Freeola's last InstantPro Tweet in '2010' they don't really get Twitter! :¬D

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 15/08/13 at 15:41
Regular
Thanks for spotting that Hmmm.

I have removed the twitter feed fro the home page in an effort to remove the offending "tweets by" and even removed the page and started again but the offending item has remained.
I have noted it is on all pages so not sure what has happened and can't find any code when I view in HTML.

UPDATE
I removed the code from the Google Analytics page (what you advised me to do yesterday) which has removed the offending "tweets by". However on re-entering the "twitter" code back on to the home page, the feed does not work.

Might just need to give up on this one - it seems Freeola Instant Pro doesn't agree with Twitter code.

Thanks anyway.
Thu 15/08/13 at 11:15
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Cheer Hmmm. I have asked for that site to be updated.
Wed 14/08/13 at 19:21
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
Thanks for the update.

When you (or someone) gets a moment could they update your demo InstantPro site ?

NB. main.js and other scripts throw up errors for me so they might be worth a look as well :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 14/08/13 at 17:09
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Twitter updated their code not long ago, which resulted in the InstantPro editor stripping it. I update this a few weeks ago to allow the new code to work after another customer asked.
Wed 14/08/13 at 15:47
"Are you sure?"
Glad to hear things are up and running for you :¬)

It looks like you may have left a remnant of the Twitter code though as I see a "Tweets by..." at the bottom of your pages? (HGC site)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 14/08/13 at 15:10
Regular
Thanks Hmmm.

Added the code as you suggested but didn't like the positioning, so removed it (and it was too big)

Re-added the "twitter" widget code in html and placed where I wanted it, re-sized it, and low and behold it works - not sure why now but would assume something you advised me to do (or some code I have left), did the trick?!?!?

Thanks again.
Wed 14/08/13 at 13:47
"Are you sure?"
It might be worth raising a Support Ticket if a staffie doesn't pick this up.

FWIW - I got my embedded Twitter feed working by hacking Webmaster Tools > Google Analytics and putting the latest Twitter code there! ;¬)

My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 14/08/13 at 11:32
Regular
Does anyone know when Freeola (instant pro) websites will allow the twitter button with live feed.

The code Twitter provide does not work on instant pro?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.