GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MySQL 5 Upgade Problems HELP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/11/07 at 10:24
Since Freeola's upgrade the following wont work

SELECT * FROM a_table WHERE user_name = UserName AND password = PASSWORD("password")

I email freeola and the response was as follows: "The MySQL server was updated this morning to 5.0 from 4.0. You may need to update the settings within your client to work with MySQL v5."

Anybody know what I need to do?

A quick scoot around Google suggests it's more to do with mysql.safe_mode, i.e. a server-side setting

CT

Tenuous Links
Sun 11/11/07 at 12:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ah yes, forgot that the password algorithm used by MySQL 5 is different from the one used by MySQL 4 and older versions.
Sat 10/11/07 at 14:20
Hi Eccles,

The site in question was www.tenuouslinks.co.uk, but I finally figured out a solution myself. Yes I missed the quotes of my example, but that wasn't it. With MySQL 5 you need to change PASSWORD to OLD_PASSWORD.

CT
Fri 09/11/07 at 10:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Don't forget that the username should be in quotes.
What is the MySQL error you are getting?
How is this query performed, via a client such as MySQLFront or via PHP?
Could you give me the address of the site this is running on (if you don't want to post it here just use the link under my name).
Fri 09/11/07 at 10:24
Since Freeola's upgrade the following wont work

SELECT * FROM a_table WHERE user_name = UserName AND password = PASSWORD("password")

I email freeola and the response was as follows: "The MySQL server was updated this morning to 5.0 from 4.0. You may need to update the settings within your client to work with MySQL v5."

Anybody know what I need to do?

A quick scoot around Google suggests it's more to do with mysql.safe_mode, i.e. a server-side setting

CT

Tenuous Links

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.