GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Mines Better Than Yours" Has Got to Stop! (Written inside the Millenium Dome)!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 16:34
Regular
Yes! Right now I am in the Millenium Dome on a day trip.
I got the chance here to try the DC on the internet and it works quite well!

Now to the err point.
People can be so single minded when it comes to computer consoles.
People get a new console or PC and are so impressed that they think that every thing else sucks (go to the Nintendo forum and you'll find out exactly what I mean)

You know, a few years ago,back in 1998, I thought that the PS was the best console around (having played a friends) but PC's were best (as I owned one) and that the future was in the DreamCast (as I was hoping to get one).
I thought that the N64 was worhtless with a few good games but nothing special.
Mario? A fine platformer to be outrated by the soon to be released Sonic Adventure.
Zelda? Another RPG.
Goldeneye? Another first person shooter. Nothing better than what's on a PC.

When one of my friends bought an N64 that Christmas I thought it was a stupid thing to do.
Then, one day, I came round and actually played on it...
It was a real eye opener!

We played Goldeneye, both single and multiplayer.
Natural I wanted to play it again after that, so I did.
And within a month I found myself forgetting the Dreamcast and ordering an N64 with Goldeneye and 4 controllers.

Now I am open to all platforms and although I'll be buying the Gamecube no matter what, I'd still recomend any platform (PS, PC, N64, Xbox, DC and Gamecube) apart from PS2 as it is over priced and offers little future from most developers!
Even still, the PS2 will still be a great console, and you can never say some elses console is bad just because you haven't got/played it or it you've played one or 2 bad Games on it!
It just amounts to stupid name calling (Fony Greystation for example) and prevents those who believe you from playing good games.
Mon 01/10/01 at 10:50
Regular
Ofcourse its old.

Its my very first topic in FoG!

If you check out the older replies, you see that there's Dan (me), and Dan (Dan2K1). Incredible confusion was caused.

He got so worked up about it! :-D
Sun 30/09/01 at 23:16
Regular
oh well popped...why did you pop this topic? my god look how old it is!
Sun 30/09/01 at 22:29
Regular
Pop!
Fri 06/10/00 at 13:30
Yes, indeed. I talk to myself all the time, are you saying i'm unusual? (i think he is) ?Could beż „Damn it i'll kill you all!„. Damn other personalities. I always use *sings* as actions, can't we have it as that? if not what will we have? eh? well???????
Thu 05/10/00 at 22:10
Regular
I think i get it do you mean in simple terms 'my console is better than yours'. To answer that it has something to do with being bias.
Thu 05/10/00 at 21:19
Whats better than who's?
wha are you talking about, only a clone would say something like that.
Thu 05/10/00 at 19:48
Regular
Time to finish this. I was the "NEW DAN",
the "MILLENIUM DOME" DAN, the "CLONE DAN",
the "UNBIASED DAN" or whatever "DAN"

I'm Dan_uk now. Now we can go back to the PROPER SUBJECT of: "MINES BETTER THAN YOURS" this has got to stop...
Thu 05/10/00 at 16:50
Hi - read my fun 'I PLay games' thing.
Wed 04/10/00 at 23:18
As long as that's all you twiddle....
Wed 04/10/00 at 23:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
eerr, it's not safe to talk here anymore, after reading these...strange letters if you can call them that, I got my self a new headache, which wasn't nice, WHY O WHY are there 2 DANS, I like the old biased Dan he was more fun, the new 'cloned' Dan is too serious and he knows too much, that's probably why he was cloned, but then I don't know anything, I think i'll go lay down and twiddle my thumbs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.