GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve The Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 00:45
Regular
Before I begin this I would just like to say I apologise if this has been done before, I haven't seen it done before so I thought I'd do it my way!

It begins with the title screen, which will be The SR Logo with some of the forum users and staff placed around the screen striking various poses accompanied by music which will be Eye Of The Tiger but remixed to say Eyes Of A Gamer.

Upon pressing start you will be presented with a difficulty menu from which you will be able to pick.. (Yes you guessed it)
JAT (Very easy)
Newbie (Easy)
Regular (Normal)
Notable (Hard)
Staff (Extreme)

After picking you difficulty you will be able to either pick your player from a bunch of the SR users (other will be unlockable, such as bosses etc, but more of that later) or simply design your own JAT picking there numerous stats from their hair colour, down to their shoe size.

When the game begins you will learn the story of your chosen character. You will begin at the chosen characters home where they have just lost their job due to a set-up as they were becoming to high and mighty for others likings. You take control of the character just as they have woken up.

The menu bar at the top will display:

Time: So you know what is open etc

Mood: (Happy-Ok-Angry) This will be affected by numerous points in the game for instants, losing the lottery will make the character angry or sad then they will not be very polite to people they meet in the game and therefore not get anywhere in life.

Energy: This bar need to be as full as possible in order for your character to make his/her difference as the game progresses

Money: This is a key factor in the game and is required to buy food to keep the energy up as well as games to keep the mood happy. It is also the utmost important part of the games first mission….

After you are briefed with the games controls, you have picked your clothes from wide variety and eaten to get your energy up, you hear the letterbox flap and you receive a newspaper. Reading the newspaper triggers off the games first mission.

Mission 1: Special Reserve-ation
You notice a newspaper advertisement that reads:
WANTED: PERSON WHO IS COMPUTER GAME LITERATE AND WOULD BE ABLE TO WORK DIFFENT TYPES OF JOBS ON SHORT NOTICE, FOR FURTHER INFO CONTACT:
Special Reserve,
PO Box 847,
Harlow,
Essex
OR TELEPHONE: 0870 725 9999.

From this point on you can than take two different paths, either call the number up and arrange an interview or go out, mug or find some small work to raise enough cash for a taxi or bus to your destination to speak to the interviewers in person. You can even sell your household items to raise cash.

Upon achieving your cash goal you arrive at the building to find you have been given the job and have to go to PS2 Section where you are greeted by a man know as Snuggly, who shows you round the building and fills you in on what jobs you will be expected to fulfil. After about three minutes of explanations you are introduced to the games “Big Boss” Tony. Tony tell you of how down the line they have had staff try to become king of the mountain but failed miserably, but he knows there is something about you that tells him that you are different from the rest, But first you have to prove yourself worthy before he gives you the special jobs. With this in mind he gives you thirty minute break (Time to get energy back and change your mood if needs be) and leads into mission two…

Mission 2: Console Wars!
Upon returning from your break, Tony is hysterical as his store is the artificial arena for a fight between The Nintendo Fanboys and The Sony Stations. Your job is to get down there and either get the leader of both gangs out of the store so the rest will follow or reason with both gangs by telling each gang the good things of the opposing console. After completing this mission Tony awards you with a nametag and briefs you with your next “test”.

Mission 3: Sell, Refund, Exchange!
You are now appointed on the shop floor, and are told to deal with ten customers as quick as possible. Easy mission to make yourself some quick cash. Bonus cash will be obtained if the customer is irate and is calmed down without a scene being made and also if frauds are caught, e.g. Customer says: I want to trade this as it doesn’t work and then finding it does and it also has a H.M.V price tag on it. Completing this mission will end your days work, you will be paid and are free to do whatever you want.

From there on you are free to, go home and generally do as you please. You can go out on the pull, make friends, go robbing, buy a lottery ticket or shopping. Sub-missions will include helping old ladies cross the street, helping the Gaming Gangs take out there rival’s consoles, delivering pizzasnewspapers, foiling robberies, taking part in robberies and so on and so forth.

As you progress through the game, your ranking will go up from Newbie to Staff and when you complete your final mission you take control of Special Reserve and can access the store design mode where you can edit the store and place whatever you want where ever you want. This mode will feature the same design as Theme Park, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc and will be about as enjoyable as the main story mode.
Also, Boss battle mode and Multiplayer mode will also be unlockable if you go through the game and collect all ten of the hidden SR Logos, which will be very difficult to find, infact they are as rare as a sense making newbie on the SR forums.

For all those out there wondering who the boss battle mode will include… then tough. Only joking here is a list of the bosses in the game and their reasons for being a boss.

Dark Mark™: Dark Mark the disgruntled Albino Welshman who got turned down for the job you got, has raided the SR warehouse and stolen Sheepy and begun to create evil clones of the once respectable SR contact. (Welsh – Sheepy get it?)
After completing Mission 12: Baa Baa Sheep Sheep, which will be to rescue Sheepy with the aid of fellow SR friends Er-No and Afrojoe, Mission 13: Albino Finito will be the battle with Mark where you will take him on in the Dark Mark™ Cloning Facility. With an army of evil Sheepy clones behind him, he’s still an easy boss. Chainsaw in hand and a special help from Mystique and her lightsabre to help send Mark back to his part time job at Sainsbury’s as a "Replenishment Assistant"

Boss number two is Expletive Deleted. Mission 23: Expletive Deleted, Deleted. An irate Ex Del calls up Tony complaining that hid G.A.D is an hour late, and Tony not in the best of moods sends you and Snuggly up to Liverpool to sort him out.
Ex Del being a clever boy, realizes that Tony doesn’t settle disputes so easily, so when you arrive at his flat the door is locked, and no ones home. Snuggly goes round back while you kick the door in and notice a piece of paper saying “SO LONG SUCKERS!” attached to a bomb on a ten second countdown. You run and call for Snuggly but there is no answer, so you run away. After the explosion you search the rubble for Snuggly only to be attacked by Ex Del.

The battle itself is just a straight up fight between you and a scouser, a fair fight too. When you defeat him, Ex Del attempts to go for a gun only to meet his untimely death due to falling power line from the explosion.

Boss three is none other than Mystique. Probably the most anticipated boss battle of the game, what better than a lightsabre battle to the death? After a long battle with vrumm vroom noises filling the streets, Myst finally falls. She then lets you know that Tony is creating a plan the knock you off you pedestal as you are becoming too powerful for you own good.

The second to last boss would be a complete surprise. Back from the “dead”, Snuggly attacks you just outside the SR base and tells you of how he never liked you and he will be the heir of Special Reserve and he had been given special orders to give you a user-banned tagline, so to speak.

This three-part battle first starts with a regular fight but then spill out into an all out brawl with weapons included! After you beat him down, Snuggly makes a quick exit on a motorbike closely followed by you, on your own two-wheeled beastie. The main objective for the part is to just try to keep up with Snuggly and eventually he will skid and crash his motorbike into an on coming car. The final showdown between you and Snuggly begins as he staggers out from behind a burning wreck and tells you to bring it.
With the unbearable heat that enveloped from Snuggly's collision, you notice a Crowbar on the floor, you pick it up.. and begin bring it. With Snuggly being Tony’s top man you would assume he had hordes of people to help him and, surprise he does. Out of the flames jump DW and Ignanious Bartender and begin to circle Snuggly in a defending manner. Not to be left out of the “I’ve got friends club”, a returning Sheepy and Er-No join in to make the odds even.

As the fight progresses openings will be noticed and you will be able to attack Snuggly. When his energy is lowered to a certain level, a shadow will block out the sun and a lightsabre will land behind you. Then you must use this to take out DW, Ignanious Bartender and deliver the final blow to Snuggly.

After the dust has settled you thank your friends and jump on your bike and head back to the SR Base to finally end this once and for all. When you arrive at SR you notice a helicopter taking off into the sunset. You rush upstairs to find the SR rights under your name and a note from Tony telling you he will be back, so enjoy this while you can and to get ready.

The ending film is set two years later and it show your chosen character sitting in the SR main office reading the paper he then is given a letter which reads:

By the time you have read this letter, I will be two hours away from you, get ready…

Your character then stands up, opens his draw and takes out a crowbar and pats it in his hand and says.. Game on…

The end credits are then shown and Queen we are the champions plays as they scroll upwards. You are then awarded with Boss Mode etc.

The End.

This has taken me seven and a half days to do.. I really hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Feel free to throw suggestions and I will add them to the sequel I will do in a few weeks time!

Special Reserve 2: Time For Tony! COMING SOON!!

**Bazzman**
Wed 13/11/02 at 00:45
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Before I begin this I would just like to say I apologise if this has been done before, I haven't seen it done before so I thought I'd do it my way!

It begins with the title screen, which will be The SR Logo with some of the forum users and staff placed around the screen striking various poses accompanied by music which will be Eye Of The Tiger but remixed to say Eyes Of A Gamer.

Upon pressing start you will be presented with a difficulty menu from which you will be able to pick.. (Yes you guessed it)
JAT (Very easy)
Newbie (Easy)
Regular (Normal)
Notable (Hard)
Staff (Extreme)

After picking you difficulty you will be able to either pick your player from a bunch of the SR users (other will be unlockable, such as bosses etc, but more of that later) or simply design your own JAT picking there numerous stats from their hair colour, down to their shoe size.

When the game begins you will learn the story of your chosen character. You will begin at the chosen characters home where they have just lost their job due to a set-up as they were becoming to high and mighty for others likings. You take control of the character just as they have woken up.

The menu bar at the top will display:

Time: So you know what is open etc

Mood: (Happy-Ok-Angry) This will be affected by numerous points in the game for instants, losing the lottery will make the character angry or sad then they will not be very polite to people they meet in the game and therefore not get anywhere in life.

Energy: This bar need to be as full as possible in order for your character to make his/her difference as the game progresses

Money: This is a key factor in the game and is required to buy food to keep the energy up as well as games to keep the mood happy. It is also the utmost important part of the games first mission….

After you are briefed with the games controls, you have picked your clothes from wide variety and eaten to get your energy up, you hear the letterbox flap and you receive a newspaper. Reading the newspaper triggers off the games first mission.

Mission 1: Special Reserve-ation
You notice a newspaper advertisement that reads:
WANTED: PERSON WHO IS COMPUTER GAME LITERATE AND WOULD BE ABLE TO WORK DIFFENT TYPES OF JOBS ON SHORT NOTICE, FOR FURTHER INFO CONTACT:
Special Reserve,
PO Box 847,
Harlow,
Essex
OR TELEPHONE: 0870 725 9999.

From this point on you can than take two different paths, either call the number up and arrange an interview or go out, mug or find some small work to raise enough cash for a taxi or bus to your destination to speak to the interviewers in person. You can even sell your household items to raise cash.

Upon achieving your cash goal you arrive at the building to find you have been given the job and have to go to PS2 Section where you are greeted by a man know as Snuggly, who shows you round the building and fills you in on what jobs you will be expected to fulfil. After about three minutes of explanations you are introduced to the games “Big Boss” Tony. Tony tell you of how down the line they have had staff try to become king of the mountain but failed miserably, but he knows there is something about you that tells him that you are different from the rest, But first you have to prove yourself worthy before he gives you the special jobs. With this in mind he gives you thirty minute break (Time to get energy back and change your mood if needs be) and leads into mission two…

Mission 2: Console Wars!
Upon returning from your break, Tony is hysterical as his store is the artificial arena for a fight between The Nintendo Fanboys and The Sony Stations. Your job is to get down there and either get the leader of both gangs out of the store so the rest will follow or reason with both gangs by telling each gang the good things of the opposing console. After completing this mission Tony awards you with a nametag and briefs you with your next “test”.

Mission 3: Sell, Refund, Exchange!
You are now appointed on the shop floor, and are told to deal with ten customers as quick as possible. Easy mission to make yourself some quick cash. Bonus cash will be obtained if the customer is irate and is calmed down without a scene being made and also if frauds are caught, e.g. Customer says: I want to trade this as it doesn’t work and then finding it does and it also has a H.M.V price tag on it. Completing this mission will end your days work, you will be paid and are free to do whatever you want.

From there on you are free to, go home and generally do as you please. You can go out on the pull, make friends, go robbing, buy a lottery ticket or shopping. Sub-missions will include helping old ladies cross the street, helping the Gaming Gangs take out there rival’s consoles, delivering pizzasnewspapers, foiling robberies, taking part in robberies and so on and so forth.

As you progress through the game, your ranking will go up from Newbie to Staff and when you complete your final mission you take control of Special Reserve and can access the store design mode where you can edit the store and place whatever you want where ever you want. This mode will feature the same design as Theme Park, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc and will be about as enjoyable as the main story mode.
Also, Boss battle mode and Multiplayer mode will also be unlockable if you go through the game and collect all ten of the hidden SR Logos, which will be very difficult to find, infact they are as rare as a sense making newbie on the SR forums.

For all those out there wondering who the boss battle mode will include… then tough. Only joking here is a list of the bosses in the game and their reasons for being a boss.

Dark Mark™: Dark Mark the disgruntled Albino Welshman who got turned down for the job you got, has raided the SR warehouse and stolen Sheepy and begun to create evil clones of the once respectable SR contact. (Welsh – Sheepy get it?)
After completing Mission 12: Baa Baa Sheep Sheep, which will be to rescue Sheepy with the aid of fellow SR friends Er-No and Afrojoe, Mission 13: Albino Finito will be the battle with Mark where you will take him on in the Dark Mark™ Cloning Facility. With an army of evil Sheepy clones behind him, he’s still an easy boss. Chainsaw in hand and a special help from Mystique and her lightsabre to help send Mark back to his part time job at Sainsbury’s as a "Replenishment Assistant"

Boss number two is Expletive Deleted. Mission 23: Expletive Deleted, Deleted. An irate Ex Del calls up Tony complaining that hid G.A.D is an hour late, and Tony not in the best of moods sends you and Snuggly up to Liverpool to sort him out.
Ex Del being a clever boy, realizes that Tony doesn’t settle disputes so easily, so when you arrive at his flat the door is locked, and no ones home. Snuggly goes round back while you kick the door in and notice a piece of paper saying “SO LONG SUCKERS!” attached to a bomb on a ten second countdown. You run and call for Snuggly but there is no answer, so you run away. After the explosion you search the rubble for Snuggly only to be attacked by Ex Del.

The battle itself is just a straight up fight between you and a scouser, a fair fight too. When you defeat him, Ex Del attempts to go for a gun only to meet his untimely death due to falling power line from the explosion.

Boss three is none other than Mystique. Probably the most anticipated boss battle of the game, what better than a lightsabre battle to the death? After a long battle with vrumm vroom noises filling the streets, Myst finally falls. She then lets you know that Tony is creating a plan the knock you off you pedestal as you are becoming too powerful for you own good.

The second to last boss would be a complete surprise. Back from the “dead”, Snuggly attacks you just outside the SR base and tells you of how he never liked you and he will be the heir of Special Reserve and he had been given special orders to give you a user-banned tagline, so to speak.

This three-part battle first starts with a regular fight but then spill out into an all out brawl with weapons included! After you beat him down, Snuggly makes a quick exit on a motorbike closely followed by you, on your own two-wheeled beastie. The main objective for the part is to just try to keep up with Snuggly and eventually he will skid and crash his motorbike into an on coming car. The final showdown between you and Snuggly begins as he staggers out from behind a burning wreck and tells you to bring it.
With the unbearable heat that enveloped from Snuggly's collision, you notice a Crowbar on the floor, you pick it up.. and begin bring it. With Snuggly being Tony’s top man you would assume he had hordes of people to help him and, surprise he does. Out of the flames jump DW and Ignanious Bartender and begin to circle Snuggly in a defending manner. Not to be left out of the “I’ve got friends club”, a returning Sheepy and Er-No join in to make the odds even.

As the fight progresses openings will be noticed and you will be able to attack Snuggly. When his energy is lowered to a certain level, a shadow will block out the sun and a lightsabre will land behind you. Then you must use this to take out DW, Ignanious Bartender and deliver the final blow to Snuggly.

After the dust has settled you thank your friends and jump on your bike and head back to the SR Base to finally end this once and for all. When you arrive at SR you notice a helicopter taking off into the sunset. You rush upstairs to find the SR rights under your name and a note from Tony telling you he will be back, so enjoy this while you can and to get ready.

The ending film is set two years later and it show your chosen character sitting in the SR main office reading the paper he then is given a letter which reads:

By the time you have read this letter, I will be two hours away from you, get ready…

Your character then stands up, opens his draw and takes out a crowbar and pats it in his hand and says.. Game on…

The end credits are then shown and Queen we are the champions plays as they scroll upwards. You are then awarded with Boss Mode etc.

The End.

This has taken me seven and a half days to do.. I really hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Feel free to throw suggestions and I will add them to the sequel I will do in a few weeks time!

Special Reserve 2: Time For Tony! COMING SOON!!

**Bazzman**
Wed 13/11/02 at 01:01
Dude, you actually going to make this game?
Wed 13/11/02 at 01:04
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Darth_J00 wrote:
> Dude, you actually going to make this game?

No, its just an idea, and believe me if i could i would.
Wed 13/11/02 at 01:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh, pretty good Bazzman :-D
Wed 13/11/02 at 08:20
Bazzman wrote:
> Darth_J00 wrote:
> Dude, you actually going to make this game?
>
> No, its just an idea, and believe me if i could i would.

Search on google for "RPG Maker 2000" its a free program, that you can make RPG's on..this would fit well on it. Although some bits would Require some advanced programming on it, but the coding is pretty easy to learn. If i had the time, i'd make the game. Unfortunetly i don't atm, college work etc. :(
Wed 13/11/02 at 08:25
Darth_J00 wrote:
> If i had the time, i'd make the game.
> Unfortunetly i don't atm, college work etc. :(
-----
I probably have the time, but I'm lazy... =oD
Wed 13/11/02 at 10:10
Regular
GAH! you spoiled the story-line! why couldn't you just write. SR game where you blah! blah! instead of me having to tread the story!
*cries*
Wed 13/11/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Remember me?"
Bazz, this is brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it... although I was even more disgruntled to hear I'm "an easy boss", but never mind.

Great stuff.
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:52
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Cheers! :D
Wed 13/11/02 at 15:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Lol, very good Bazz. I would have preffered being unbeatable, but oh well...maybe in the sequel? ;)

Great post; your first, if I recall. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.