GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Me-Lay or Mel-A?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 08:34
Regular
How do you pronounce Super Smash Bros Melee? Personally, I pronounce it the way I've always been taught to prounce 'melee' which is this:

Me-Lay. Everyone I talk to, even my common Essex friends, all say 'Mel-A' and it's damn annoying.

So, does anyone else say 'Me-Lay' or is it just me?

:(

Flux.
Wed 13/11/02 at 08:34
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
How do you pronounce Super Smash Bros Melee? Personally, I pronounce it the way I've always been taught to prounce 'melee' which is this:

Me-Lay. Everyone I talk to, even my common Essex friends, all say 'Mel-A' and it's damn annoying.

So, does anyone else say 'Me-Lay' or is it just me?

:(

Flux.
Wed 13/11/02 at 08:39
I pronounce it Mel-A, as do all my friends i've spoken with about the game.
Wed 13/11/02 at 09:14
Regular
Mel-ee
Wed 13/11/02 at 09:23
Regular
Well I used to pronounce it ME-lay when I got into many a melee on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (quality original Game Boy game) but since I saw it spelt as Meleé (not the 'é') I started pronouncing it the proper way.

Anyway, the voice bloke thing in SSBM actually says it out loud in the game!
Wed 13/11/02 at 09:31
Regular
yeah, the pronuncer dude says mel-A
Wed 13/11/02 at 10:07
Regular
"aliens exist"
Mel - ay
Wed 13/11/02 at 10:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I pronounce it Mel-A, because that's the right way. Only the dumb yank on Cybernet says Me-Lay.
Wed 13/11/02 at 10:21
lol I forgot that the dude pronounced it after the intro movie. :D
Wed 13/11/02 at 11:00
Regular
"Australian Person."
Mel-ay
Wed 13/11/02 at 11:04
"Uzi Lover"
Mel-a man.

Is that right?!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.