GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my ALT key has stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/03/02 at 01:46
Regular
I've tried hitting it and it still doesn't work.

All the other keys work but the left hand alt key doesn't.

This means no ALT-TAB and no quick fire accented letters. I never realised how much I used it until now, when it refuses to work.

Why has it stopped working???
Sun 17/03/02 at 00:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh my god... I wrote "Haz". Forty lashes with a wet noodle methinks. I'm eternally sorry, you all know it was meant to be "has" :) Everyone knows that only skillz deserves a "Z" :D
Sun 17/03/02 at 00:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I have indeed! It only haz a 50hz refresh rate though so I use my MS optical mouse (corded) for games.

I agree with you. USB keyboards and mice are pointless.

Well, no...

There are genuine advantages to a USB mouse, but for keyboards it's utterly pointless. Further note: I have just funned up an XP install (I think) because PB only supplied my Mum with a USB keyboard and mouse. I had to reboot it multiple times before I could locate a keyboard that works. Basically, if I hadn't had one lying around I couldn't install Windows XP, or any other operating system at all. Complete, utterm total neanderthals.
Sat 16/03/02 at 23:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Nope I can't notice any difference in speed between this, and my normal and USB keyboards.

If I can give anyone any advice, don't buy the cheap, unheard of names! They are rubbish, you get what you pay for. Like I said, my mobile phone could overpower the signal. It would also take a long time to catch up when I was typing, and was very annoying.

The Logitech keyboard/mouse seems to be as fast as any other. The mouse even has the ability to be plugged into USB (although I haven't bothered, as I expirience slow down on the mouse when loading programs if I use USB. And whats the point of having a socket dedicated to keyboard usage, then going and ignoring it?)

Turbo, have you got the most expensive set? You know, the black one with the optical mouse? Ohhh, that mouse fits into my hand perfectly. If only the same people who designed it, made non-pc games controllers....
Sat 16/03/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Not that I can notice, but apparently Luke can. It's a great little keyboard, and so is the mouse.
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Is there anything of a delay with the Logitech keyboard/mouse?
Sat 16/03/02 at 00:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I HAVE THAT! It friggin' rules!!!

(try typing upside down *chortle chortle*).

Rar,
Sat 16/03/02 at 00:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Bah, whenever I put an mobile phone near my old keyboard, all the keys would stop working (Wireless cheapo keyboard).

So I went out and bought a nice expensive Logitech keyboard and mouse using patented digital RF radio signals to make sure it works. Ahh, bliss.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:15
Regular
you can change the language settings in windows under the control panel, keyboard of regional and language options,

c.b.
Fri 15/03/02 at 08:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Restarting your pc will propably do it, seems to happen quite a bit on my pc, doubt it's the only one.
Fri 15/03/02 at 07:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hmm. If you change your language or keyboard layout it might stop working, but I don't know if you can actually do this in Windows.

I suggest nabbing another kebby from somewhere and testing it to see if it's software or hardware. Your school might be able to help you with finding one (if you go to one, that is).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.