GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snake, on X-box !! Pah"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 22:30
Regular
Hello, my name is Dean and I'm a Playstationaholic, for the moment anyway.

I've supported Sony and their ground breaking consoles from the not so distant beginning with the Playstation 1 in 1995, back then I knew I wanted a Playstation, the games just looked too good to be true, even when Nintendo hit the scene with the N64 and after that Sega with the Dreamcast, I still preferred Playstation just because its software showed that extra effort.

Last year I continued my support for Sony by purchasing Playstation 2, just because I knew it would be good, I knew the software would show real effort, but what I didn't know is that the other consoles will basically have the same b*@!dy library of software!

I own a PS2 because that's who I am, I've been converted to Sony and will follow and support and in some cases argue to defend their console gaming development in the years to come, but what I want in return is a software library that shows individuality, that shows why I bought the console, I don't want what everyone else can have, I want to be known as a Sony gamer, playing games individual to Sony.

It really does become pointless when 3 consoles are released and half the games available for them appear on every format, your forced into buying the most powerful console so that the games will run best and impress you more. And what really takes the biscuit is the news today that Snake may appear on the x-box! Well, I really did curse at my screen for that one, why, why is Snake, clearly a Sony mascot moving to x-box! Snake? SNNNAAKKKKEEEEEEEEE, ahem.

Out of all this the Cube must be the most original console, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Wave Race all cool games that will only appear on Nintendo hardware, well done Nintendo, you can keep your fans and probably steal some Sony one's aswell. It really has turned into more of a "We can put more power in our console than you" war. Mr William Gates recognised this and clearly knew where to go with the idea, pump as much money into console development that you can and then watch the game developers knock on your door. I curse the x-box and all that it stands for, I'm just hoping that Sony will get its fair share of titles back, Halo and Jet Set Radio Future please.
Fri 15/03/02 at 01:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I totally agree with your comments.
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:40
Its not just snake, that just spured me on to write this topic, its the whole same game on all console thing that seems to have become a trend nowadays !!!
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:35
i agree the thought of Snake on the X-box is mad.*in Otacons voice*SSSNNNAAAKKEE,sorry just had to do that
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:30
Hello, my name is Dean and I'm a Playstationaholic, for the moment anyway.

I've supported Sony and their ground breaking consoles from the not so distant beginning with the Playstation 1 in 1995, back then I knew I wanted a Playstation, the games just looked too good to be true, even when Nintendo hit the scene with the N64 and after that Sega with the Dreamcast, I still preferred Playstation just because its software showed that extra effort.

Last year I continued my support for Sony by purchasing Playstation 2, just because I knew it would be good, I knew the software would show real effort, but what I didn't know is that the other consoles will basically have the same b*@!dy library of software!

I own a PS2 because that's who I am, I've been converted to Sony and will follow and support and in some cases argue to defend their console gaming development in the years to come, but what I want in return is a software library that shows individuality, that shows why I bought the console, I don't want what everyone else can have, I want to be known as a Sony gamer, playing games individual to Sony.

It really does become pointless when 3 consoles are released and half the games available for them appear on every format, your forced into buying the most powerful console so that the games will run best and impress you more. And what really takes the biscuit is the news today that Snake may appear on the x-box! Well, I really did curse at my screen for that one, why, why is Snake, clearly a Sony mascot moving to x-box! Snake? SNNNAAKKKKEEEEEEEEE, ahem.

Out of all this the Cube must be the most original console, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Wave Race all cool games that will only appear on Nintendo hardware, well done Nintendo, you can keep your fans and probably steal some Sony one's aswell. It really has turned into more of a "We can put more power in our console than you" war. Mr William Gates recognised this and clearly knew where to go with the idea, pump as much money into console development that you can and then watch the game developers knock on your door. I curse the x-box and all that it stands for, I'm just hoping that Sony will get its fair share of titles back, Halo and Jet Set Radio Future please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.