GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 17:57
Regular
Where has everyone got on Halo? What control set up do you use? I use the Legacy one, where the left stick is forwar/back and then rotate left and right. The right stick is up/down and strafe. Kept the other combinations the same.

I've done the first training level which is on the ship, and then I have completed the next level "Halo".
Thu 14/03/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Where has everyone got on Halo? What control set up do you use? I use the Legacy one, where the left stick is forwar/back and then rotate left and right. The right stick is up/down and strafe. Kept the other combinations the same.

I've done the first training level which is on the ship, and then I have completed the next level "Halo".
Thu 14/03/02 at 18:23
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I just use the normal control setup (got used to it in the pods :D) I'm in the middle of 'The silent cartographer' as I haven't played it much due to school. My favourite weapon setup has got to be a Plasma Rifle with a Needler. Very effective when assaulting a base/outpost...
Thu 14/03/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tequila Sunset wrote:
> I just use the normal control setup (got used to it in the pods :D) I'm in the
> middle of 'The silent cartographer' as I haven't played it much due to school.
> My favourite weapon setup has got to be a Plasma Rifle with a Needler. Very
> effective when assaulting a base/outpost...

I was going to use the normal control setup, but as you need to take your thumb off the right stick to change weapons, melee atack and jump, I thought I would have the left stick control turning rather than strafing.

I havent got any further, as I watched Buffy and Angel and been addicted to Project Gotham.
Fri 15/03/02 at 16:46
HALO!!!!!
Its the new wonder game for Xbox! By the developers Bungie who have only made one game before, Marathon for the PC.
For only second time developers Halo is one hell of a game!
Marathon wasn't bad either, it was also a first person shooter and said to be the best one ever released on the Macintosh system. Halo, unlike many other shooters actually has an amazing storyline. Its not just the usual alien blaster, it need skills of stealth, brainwork and, oh yeah, some mega shooting skills. The enemies are clever and can hide themselves, place themselves in strategic shooting positions and use shields to deflect fire.
You begin by being stranded on your ship after it has been attacked by an alien force. There are explosions going on as your ship burns, and you need to find signs of life from the rest of your ship's crew. Oh yeah! You actually have your own team that go around with you on missions helping you or in some cases hindering you by giving the game away that you are hiding from the aliens!
If you get annoyed with them you can even shoot them yourself! Then you progress by escaping from your doomed ship on to, wait for it... the HALO, the enemy's basecamp and headquarters.
The enemies are called the Covenant and have amazing transport such as their gunship Banshees, which you get to fly yourself a few times. You can drive Jeeps with guns on the back which your team can fire. You can man gun turrets and do much more in this massive adventure.
Firepower ranges from advanced human weapons soch as Assault Rifles, Flamethrowers and Pistols to Alien versions of these that get even more impressive.
Eventually you have to escape and get back with the enemy defeated. I hope this isn't the last game by Bungie on the Xbox as future creations cuold get even better somehow. Along with Dead or Alive 3 and Project Gotham Racing, the launch titles for Xbox are all amazing!
As the Xbox is by Microsoft I can imagine they won't let it flop like other consoles have e.g. Dreamcast. Microsoft have taken over the PC world and are going to do it in the console world as well!
Proof that Xbox should not be underestimated is that Sony are now planning to release Playstation 3 far sooner that expected as they have seen the threat Xbox poses and are trying desperately to compete and beat them. This may disappoint some PS2 owners but it is the truth!
Sat 16/03/02 at 17:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've beaten the game on the easy mode. I'm working my way through the skill levels and I'm gonna go straight onto Legendary once one of my friends is ready to tackle it in co-operative mode. :-)

This is one of the best games I've ever played, theres such an excellent atmosphere throughtout the game as you play.
:-)
Sat 16/03/02 at 17:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've beaten the game on the easy mode. I'm working my way through the skill levels and I'm gonna go straight onto Legendary once one of my friends is ready to tackle it in co-operative mode. :-)

This is one of the best games I've ever played, theres such an excellent atmosphere throughtout the game as you play.
:-)
Sat 16/03/02 at 18:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I just been on Halo link up for the last 7 hours :). Its amazing, first of all it was just me and 1 mate, but then he had another mate round nad they teamed up against me on the Blood gulch level(2 bases each with a warthogg).

Its so fun on deathmatch, and having seperate screens in different rooms is good. I think that having more than 2 people is the key to playing a good deathmatch.

As I was agaisnt 2 people it was actually really fun for me to try and out smart them and kill them, especially as I let them use the warthoggs.

The only let down with Halo is that Co-op mode isnt available through a linkup game. I was really annoyed about this as co-op with each player having a screen would have been amazing.
Sat 16/03/02 at 20:06
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
So, you're saying that if you have 2 XBoxs linked together and 2 TVs, you can't play 2 player co-op??? Man that SUCKS!! I can't believe they left that option out.

Ah well, that's it - I don't like HALO anymore. It's a pile of cack and isn't worth any of my time. Back to Red Faction on the PS2 for me...

LOL!

Seriously, that does suck. In fact, it is the suckiest suck of all big time sucks.....suck.
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
GpotterUK wrote:
> So, you're saying that if you have 2 XBoxs linked together and 2 TVs, you can't
> play 2 player co-op??? Man that SUCKS!! I can't believe they left that option
> out.

Nope cant play co-op over 2 xboxes. I dont know why they left the option out. Also on co-op the game seems to slow down alittle, not much but its not as smooth as the single player game.

Deathmatch is brilliant over 2 xboxes, but co-op should have been an option aswell.
Sat 16/03/02 at 22:27
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
But you can have 16 player death match over 4 console:)

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.