GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X box the reality"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/10/00 at 14:09
Regular
The x-box is just another ploy by microsoft to get more money. The X-box barly contains what a pc has and it is at the same price. The X-box is not as good as thought, if you want a good game console go for a pc, dreamcast or playstation because they are much better than the x-box.
Wed 04/10/00 at 14:09
The x-box is just another ploy by microsoft to get more money. The X-box barly contains what a pc has and it is at the same price. The X-box is not as good as thought, if you want a good game console go for a pc, dreamcast or playstation because they are much better than the x-box.
Tue 17/10/00 at 16:25
Regular
"MSR Rules"
dhd_elite_2000 wrote:
> The x-box is just another ploy by microsoft to get more money. The
> X-box barly contains what a pc has and it is at the same price.
> The X-box is not as good as thought, if you want a good game
> console go for a pc, dreamcast or playstation because they are
> much better than the x-box.

I personally think the release of the X-Box will totally turn around the gaming industry for the better. I love my PC but hate the patching and incompatability which occurs with each game. Just the thought of PC power which is stable and in my front room in a little box is very exciting.
XBox will have to have games that look immediately 2 or 3 times better, overall, than PS2 games. While there are no ways to specificaly measure actual performance figures for comparasion, and there is no need to, an order of magnitiude comparasion can be made. Not in specs, but in the final results to the screen. What the actual games look and play like. How much better they seem compared to a competitor's games on their machine.
I have a feeling, though, XBox will not live up to that awesome pre-rendered demo.. Although I am pretty excited about XBox and what it means in terms of balancing the industry out from Sony. I like the concept of having a high-end gaming machine, DVD movie player, CD-Player, Digital VCR, Ethernet and HardDrive all in one unit.
Sun 22/10/00 at 21:00
Will people stop playing games on PC's when the Xbox comes out? If so what will they use their PC's for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.