GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are people so narrow minded about the Xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 18:36
Regular
Recently, Xbox's popularity seems to have grown on these forums, Even some well known and respected Nintendo fans are purchasing Xbox's or at least showing some intrest.

Today at school, (Im in Year 11) We were argueing about consoles. The majority of my mates were in favour of the PS2, while others were open minded and had an Xbox.

Me and my best mate were oblivious to hear these comments: -

"PS2 has the same graphics, the emotion engine matches the Xbox"
"PS2 is the same size as Gamecube, Xbox is a mammoth!"
"The PS2 controller has pressure buttons unlike Xbox"
"I sleep with my PS2 at night"
"Gamecube is rubbish, as the PS2 has better graphics and GTA3"

We obviously put forward our arguements about Xbox/Xbox Live and the Xbox's better points over the PS2. We asked why did they get a PS2, and the results were'nt surprising.

"My mate has one"
"The sales were high, so I brought one"

I think some PS2 lovers are quite stupid in the way they think, Some people don't like the Xbox as their mate does'nt, Or the Xbox is the size of mount everest. Stupid it really is.

Its actually quite good to speak to multi-console owners/gamecube owners/Xbox owners they speak open minded.

We are independant gamers!
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:10
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
It's a spray-em-up.
Genius...
Sun 01/12/02 at 02:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Neither really. Its more of a platform game.
Sat 30/11/02 at 23:06
"+ suspicious minds"
by the way, is JSRF a racing game, or a extreme sports game?
Sat 30/11/02 at 23:04
"+ suspicious minds"
I have a Gamecube, and am really only interested in Good quality pick up and play kinda games, like spiderman, and super smash bros melee. I wouldn't be one for launching myself into completing a game over a holaday. If I set out to complete every game I bought, I'd kill myself due to depression! I quite like the look of blinks, but a lot of the X-Box's games look a little to serious. shootemups and simulators are not my kind of thing, and I havent seen any other Blinxs style games.

so go on then, show me some.

I dare you!
Sat 30/11/02 at 20:52
I just purchased XBOX today and have PS2 and Gamecube, Gamecube was a mistake though very dissapointed in it, Mario is very over hyped.

PS2 while not technically the best has and always will have (in this generation)best support for games due to its popularity, any XBOX owner who slates the PS2 simply has not played GTA3 or Vice City.

Having debated buying an XBOX for a few months now I today took the plunge and I am very impressed, got HALO, Splinter Cell, JSRF and Sega GT2002 for £197. Although I have not played for long I already know the console was worth buying for Halo alone this game is excellent, wish I purchased one ages ago instead of the Cube.
Sat 30/11/02 at 20:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I prefer XBox (or is it THE Xbox)over PS2 easily, but the Cube has so many more games that I like.

Halo was good, but nothing astounding. All the others I have played are good, but nothing special. Whereas Mario and ED are blinding......as are several others. But thats me.

Theres nothing 'wrong' with any of them.
Sat 30/11/02 at 10:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The graphics and sound quality (dolby digital 5.1) are much better than the PS2 mate.
Sat 30/11/02 at 03:39
Regular
"cachoo"
I've got PS2, but thinking aboot XBox, but I reckon I the reason I ain't bought one yet is 'cos I haven't seen enough of it! I see maybe, ONE advert a day on TV or something & that's it, so I don't know whether it's any good or not... are the graphics really better than PS2? Or the same?
I heard they're better
Fri 15/11/02 at 23:57
People shouldn't hold grudges I feel.
Fri 15/11/02 at 18:13
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The main reason is cause it's a Microsoft console. A lot of people
> hate Microsoft and they're not even shough exactly why they hate them.

"So why do you hate Microsoft then?"
"Erm.....They have lost of money"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.