GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cars and gaming, What i'd like to see"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
Being a Car fanatic myself, I really do enjoy car-based games, which is why I purchased my beloved Xbox. But everything isn’t perfect.

The recently released Sega GT 2002 is absolutely amazing, good graphics, perfect handling and above all - great cars! It’s like playing an RPG, but instead of magic and elves, you get cars! Having the ability to tune and upgrade various parts of your dream machine it’s really appealing to us car lovers. But the thing is, I.Want.More!

I obviously won't be able to afford a nice Lotus when I start to drive, So I’ll be most likely going for a low range Citreon Saxo, and of course Modifying it! In case any of you Motorbike freaks or people oblivious to what im on about, Modifying is basically the ability to modify the performance and appearance of your car. You probably see many teenagers "cruising around in Nova's" with loud music and shiny wheels. That’s what im talking about.

What we never see in games is the ability to modify the appearance of your chosen vehicle, maybe change the paintwork, but the car design always stays the same. Obviously Car manufacturers wouldn’t like to see their cars being changed in a videogame, licensing would cost quite a lot of money. But it'd be really cool to actually be able to do that.

Imagine having a game similar to GT3/Sega GT, but instead of Ferraris and Jaguars, Id like to see Fiestas and Novas. Imagine being able to purchase a low end Vauxhall Nova, with a little given cash, being able to give it new alloys, or lowered suspension. Going on Street races and Actual events earns you cash, allowing you to buy more parts. Cheap Engine too slow and wasteful? Fine upgrade to a 2 litre! Who actually likes the body kit of a Nova anyway?

It might sound a cheesy game, but I believe it'd be really good. Think about cruising around in Time trial, showing off your new exhaust and hearing the roar of that nice new engine you've just purchased.

Games coming close to this idea is "Racing Evoluzione." The aim is to "build" your own brand of cars, and race them/sell them. This does look promising, but I’d like to see REAL motors, with the ability to be modified. I think I’ll put this idea forward to developers, so before anyone try’s to pull a fast one: -

This Idea was thought up by gamezfreak©

Thanks for reading.
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:16
Regular
*Eyes pop out of head*

I won a GAD!

Hey.....wait a minute, in the GAD winners list thing the title of my post is "Essex boy racer"

Im not from Essex! Ah well

Thanks Special Reserve.
Mon 18/11/02 at 14:19
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
future of gaming?
there isn't one
who cares anyway
you pathetic losers can leave
Mon 18/11/02 at 13:48
Regular
Congrats on the GAD.
Sat 16/11/02 at 12:30
Regular
Although this can be a bad idea on the other hand. It promotes street racing.
Thu 14/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
Being a Car fanatic myself, I really do enjoy car-based games, which is why I purchased my beloved Xbox. But everything isn’t perfect.

The recently released Sega GT 2002 is absolutely amazing, good graphics, perfect handling and above all - great cars! It’s like playing an RPG, but instead of magic and elves, you get cars! Having the ability to tune and upgrade various parts of your dream machine it’s really appealing to us car lovers. But the thing is, I.Want.More!

I obviously won't be able to afford a nice Lotus when I start to drive, So I’ll be most likely going for a low range Citreon Saxo, and of course Modifying it! In case any of you Motorbike freaks or people oblivious to what im on about, Modifying is basically the ability to modify the performance and appearance of your car. You probably see many teenagers "cruising around in Nova's" with loud music and shiny wheels. That’s what im talking about.

What we never see in games is the ability to modify the appearance of your chosen vehicle, maybe change the paintwork, but the car design always stays the same. Obviously Car manufacturers wouldn’t like to see their cars being changed in a videogame, licensing would cost quite a lot of money. But it'd be really cool to actually be able to do that.

Imagine having a game similar to GT3/Sega GT, but instead of Ferraris and Jaguars, Id like to see Fiestas and Novas. Imagine being able to purchase a low end Vauxhall Nova, with a little given cash, being able to give it new alloys, or lowered suspension. Going on Street races and Actual events earns you cash, allowing you to buy more parts. Cheap Engine too slow and wasteful? Fine upgrade to a 2 litre! Who actually likes the body kit of a Nova anyway?

It might sound a cheesy game, but I believe it'd be really good. Think about cruising around in Time trial, showing off your new exhaust and hearing the roar of that nice new engine you've just purchased.

Games coming close to this idea is "Racing Evoluzione." The aim is to "build" your own brand of cars, and race them/sell them. This does look promising, but I’d like to see REAL motors, with the ability to be modified. I think I’ll put this idea forward to developers, so before anyone try’s to pull a fast one: -

This Idea was thought up by gamezfreak©

Thanks for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.