GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote DaveRJR for Notable!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 20:37
Regular
*Hint of sarcasm in voice*
I think that over the time he's been here Dave's been a great (nearly bursts out laughing) guy, made some truly great (ahem) posts and has some opinions I just HAVE to believe in. I mean Xbox is the CR..UMMIEST games console around right. I mean that's the only reason I traded my PS2 for an Xbox earlier this year - I wanted to be a LOSER. Oh, and a PII 450 with a 16MB graphics card is good enough to run the latest games is it not?
So In conclusion VOTE DAVERJR FOR NOTABLE!!!!

Or, just do what I'm doing and dump these forums and go for some better ones with no n00b/regular system, no spamming newbies, no FANBOYS, no stupid topics. Yep, Edge forums it is.

SO GOODBYE EVERYONE

P.S. Just to annoy you I'll post this in both FOG and Notable forums
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
*Hint of sarcasm in voice*
I think that over the time he's been here Dave's been a great (nearly bursts out laughing) guy, made some truly great (ahem) posts and has some opinions I just HAVE to believe in. I mean Xbox is the CR..UMMIEST games console around right. I mean that's the only reason I traded my PS2 for an Xbox earlier this year - I wanted to be a LOSER. Oh, and a PII 450 with a 16MB graphics card is good enough to run the latest games is it not?
So In conclusion VOTE DAVERJR FOR NOTABLE!!!!

Or, just do what I'm doing and dump these forums and go for some better ones with no n00b/regular system, no spamming newbies, no FANBOYS, no stupid topics. Yep, Edge forums it is.

SO GOODBYE EVERYONE

P.S. Just to annoy you I'll post this in both FOG and Notable forums
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Perhaps you'll both get banned. Wouldn't that be nice.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I do believe...

You're a moron.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
Korg wrote:
> P.S. Just to annoy you I'll post this in both FOG and Notable forums
Oh it's more funny than annoying.
I love it when people make total idiots of themselves in an attempt to be annoying or funny.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Hmmm....."
gerrid wrote:
> Perhaps you'll both get banned. Wouldn't that be nice.

Certainly would, I'd like to go out that way
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:42
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> I do believe...
>
> You're a moron.
See, now Mr Knight best send you a finger waggling email about that.
Other wise it'll prove me right about him sending me emails cos he fancies me.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Damn... I was really hoping that Dave would reply to this *grinds teeth*
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I think Dave is a figment of your imagination, an invisible friend perhaps, so it is physically impossible for him to reply.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mystique wrote:
> Oh it's more funny than annoying.
Would it be more annyoing if I posted it in every forum, cause I really need some pointers...
Thu 14/11/02 at 22:20
Regular
Ok, lets set the record straight.

I wouldn’t recommend a P2 PC for games. I have a 400Mhz P2, and it's only good for more basic games, like the Sims. Many of today’s games (and most, if not all) of tomorrow’s games will not even install since you need a faster pc just to meet the min req. Others will install, but performance is poor. U have to drop the settings for graphics, just to play it. When buying a game, you must check the box for the min spec b4 u buy. You could avoid this hassle and use a console for games.

There's nothing wrong with any of the 3 consoles. But I take issue with anyone who thinks XBox is light years ahead of PS2 (or GC). It is not. True, it is more powerful, but not as much the hype or numbers suggest. On PS2, look at the quality graphics in GT3, or the soon 2b released The Getaway. For depth and exploration, try GTA3 or GTA-VC. Plus, many GC and XBox games are just ports of PS2 games. They some times come out later than PS2 as well, and usually look no better. The GC has that low capacity disc, and no DVD. You can buy a Q machine, but only on import. GC might be cheaper (just), but you loose DVD, no DD or DTS, no USB, no FireWire, no expansion bay inside. The only key feature on GC is the 4 controller ports. Still Multi-taps for PS2 don’t cost much, and you can stick 2 on a PS2 and have 8 players total, rather than 4 max on GC.

Broadband games - The future. Well not for a long time - at least not for a long time in the UK. Only a tiny number of taken up Broadband, and only patches of the UK can get the signal. Then there's a cost issue to add in. Broadband my make a home for itself in the US where they have a lot more BB, but a UK based BB service will struggle for a long time to come (until signal coverage is improved greatly, and subs are reduced significantly).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.