GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another deep question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 20:48
Regular
What guitars do you guys have if you have one, Electric guitars that is, I have a classic 1980 fender telecaster now worth £1000 its cherry red, beautiful, and everyone I've showed it to wants it. MMM fender lickin' good. And a fender 15R amp

So, what guitars do you have and what amps?
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
what kind of drums, garage style drum beats or rockish drum beats
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I play the drums meself, and I'm pretty damn good if I do say so.
Fri 15/11/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I used to have an acoustic guitar, had lessons and stuff. I never really got any good at it, just played the stuff that was given to us in sheet music like "Streets of London" and "I'm the Urban Spaceman"

Now all I have is my air guitar, which I only get out only on special occasions for songs like the boys are back in town or bohemian rhapsody
:)
Fri 15/11/02 at 21:22
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> I've got quite a few guitars that I've acquired over the years. Here
> they are:
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ (space) paul.whiston/guitars.html
Oooo purdy
Fri 15/11/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
pop
Fri 15/11/02 at 13:25
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
exellent
Fri 15/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
> But how do you tell your best mate that he couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket...

LOL! :)
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:53
"You love us!"
I have a Gibson USA (not some crap tat) Les Paul Custom, in white with black trim and gold hardware. Paid just over £1100 for it a few (5 or so) years ago, so god knows how much it’s worth now. Although haven’t seen it for ages as it stays at my parent’s house back in the Midlands. I live in a flat and an electric guitar would have the neighbours knocking my door down before I could play more than 2 chords.

Also got a Takamine acoustic guitar, which I have at my flat and play whenever the mood takes me. Dunno how much this baby is worth, I believe it’s the model below the top of the range Santa Fe, and I bought it about 4 years ago for £450-ish. Simple looking guitar with the most amazing sound. Gotta’ get new strings for it actually.

That’s pretty much it. A few years ago (read: when I was 21-24) I had about 7 guitars. This was in the good old days when I lived at home and had no bills etc.

Had the garage to play the guitars in and did so most nights with me mates. God damn, if only the singer in our band wasn’t so crap! But how do you tell your best mate that he couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket and you want to replace him in the band!? Ah well.
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:48
Regular
I picked up a white encore bass for £65 second hand from an advert in the mercury a couple of years back. It plays quite nicely and I've started to get the hang of playing properly (keeping in proper time with a band and everything).
Fri 15/11/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Far more of you have guitars than I would have expected, which leads
> me to believe that most of you, like my flatmate, bought them thinking
> you would one day set the world alight with skills you would teach
> yourself, and now they gather dust n the corner of your room.
>
> But you'll never store it anywhere, God no. You might play it
> sometime, and besides, you look cool of you have a guitar in your
> room.

I know loads of people like that, they get a guitar thinking it's cool, and then find it too hard and give up after stairway to heaven and come as you are, and then not bother about it exept to show it off and look cool.

Personally I havent gigged in weeks, but got one week tomorrow, so that's cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.